Friday, August 10, 2007

Stocks and Teeth

Dental appointments for both Holly and Jeremy this week. Good news at both. Jeremy's appointment was in Scranton and the whole experience was good. Everything was decorated perfectly for a child's dentist. They even had a ms pacman arcade game in our exam room. Turned out he only had staining and no cavities. They gave him stickers, a tooth brush and a scooby doo toy when we left.

Holly's tooth started bothering her so I looked up dental plans (which we couldn't end up using anyway) and basically randomly picked Tannersville Dentistry (because it was close and they said they took those plans). She's been super nervous and anxious about going but from the time we walked into the office, everyone was kind and professional. She was talking about how she'd be embarrassed if anyone from high school became a hygienist and I basically waved it off as impossible and of course Heather Kintz was working there. But the good news! The dentist and his assistant were both great (and not foreign) and her teeth weren't as bad as she thought. She needs two root canals (which will happen next week) and 13 fillings and a bridge between her teeth. We paid for the root canals cash and are going to pay for the rest with the care credit card. We'll probably hold off on the bridge work until after college is over. 4400 for the root canals/caps/fillings and 3500 for the bridge. But hopefully after that and routine checkups, her teeth will be good to go. We still have to go to get our eyes checked out.

I'm very proud of how strong my wife is!! All those stressful situations effect her very very very much so she's starting doing the stress tapes/cds. Hopefully she can change the way she thinks. Any progress is good progress.

Anthony's family came up last weekend and we went to meet their family. Too many kids! Holly was able to eat in front of them, Chinese food at that, one of the foods she doesn't like the most. We went to see the Simpsons movie afterwards which was ok.

Sitting here watching a stock. Last Wednesday I bought a company called American Home Mortgage on Wednesday after its stock plummeted ninety percent. It was a crazy day and the stock surged from 1.4-4.00 in the afternoon, down to 1.4 at the close and then eventually to .28 as they went bankrupt I'm playing Tarr which I bought 400 shares for .91 this morning and it's up about .10. I don't know whether to try to hold long on this one or just sell at 30% increase that may happen today.... The feds are coming in to help these mortgage and home builders and long play doesn't seem to be too bad of an idea. If this thing goes crazy like last week, I'm immediately selling. If it makes modest gains today, I may keep. We'll see what they say on the message board too.

Dad took off all last week to work on the bathroom. We didn't even get to go fishing. Chris bought Mario Strikers and I was really surprised at how fun the game is. It's definitely a fun game you can just pick up for a few minutes here and there. I'm still playing Oblivion here and there. I still enjoy it and actually had to look up how to beat that stolen painting mission. There's so much content to that game that I bet if I stop playing for a few months, i'll pick it up again. I haven't played Devil May Cry 3 or Morrowind at all.

No comments: