Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Snow already, Mini Halloween Vacation, Halo Addiction

On Monday the snow started and Tuesday it continued. The Poconos got over a foot and we didn't get anything here except for rain. I took the turnpike home from work after food shopping on Monday night and home from work on Tuesday night. I took the backroads on Tuesday. Long Pond was a disgusting mess with snow drifts and snow covered, icy conditions.

I had off on Wednesday (Palmerton Trick or Treating) and Friday (Halloween). Palmerton Trick or Treating was fun. We were out the full two hours. It was a brisk night. Everyone in the neighborhood was pretty hospitable. Some people had nifty decorations up. I could see Holly studying it and getting ideas for next year. We officially met the neighbors next door with the kids. The people on the other side gave us a welcome to the neighborhood gift. Made sure Holly could remember their names because I had no clue what their names were at all. Jeremy got a good amount of candy. Came home and watched the World Series and some hockey and hung out the rest of the night. We were supposed to go to the mall to trick or treat on Friday but we wound up going to Toys R Us so he could spend his birthday gift card from Aunt Mare. We went to Circuit City afterwards and then to Loews to get the washer and dryer. Came out to the mid 900's and we get a 65 rebate. Then had dinner at Old Country Buffet where i gouged until i was almost sick. Weekend was quiet and we just hung out most of it.

Hockey hasn't been to my liking. I scored 3 or 4 goals the other week but I didn't play well. They were all weak, lucky goals. Last week I ended up playing defense and scored once. Our team's offense was pitiful and I couldn't get anything going. Our O is slow and don't pass well. We had 6 guys on the bench while the team we played only had 3. Then the next two teams only had 1 and 3 subs. I don't know if i'm going to play this upcoming week because of the hassle with money. We'll see what happens. It's easy to say i'm not playing but then sunday comes and even though it's a pain in the ass to drive down there, it's worse when Sunday night rolls around and you haven't played. The only upside to not playing is the Giants/Eagles game. But then again we also have a 630 game so i wouldn't miss much of the football.

Work has been the same as always. Been very bored there. Yesterday, I asked Ed if I could listen to my MP3 while working and he said "I don't see nothing, i don't know nothing" Just the response I thought he'd give. Got two hours overtime last week for the first time in a few weeks. I didn't stay for voluntary once or twice the last few weeks. Too cold.

This week has been surprisingly warm at work. A welcome surprise after the last few weeks. I didn't do overtime Monday night because I had to go food shopping and the washer and dryer were supposed to come in the morning. They never called to confirm and then Jeremy and I both slept through their arrival here at 8:45. I called to reschedule and they're coming on Thursday, hopefully in the afternoon.

Since the World at War Beta and hooking up the xbox downstairs, I've acquired a Halo 3 addiction. It came out of nowhere. I've been playing non stop. I even bought the new map pack. I was trying to play during the day when Jeremy is downstairs but his insistent questioning messing up my gaming. This is throwing me off my game and may break my addiction.

Bioshock finally went down to 30 on Amazon. I'm going to making a purchase soon with some of the games I didn't get last X-mas. I don't want to wait because if I do they may get the price increases. Waited too long on Rainbow Six and Virtual Fighter and they've gone up 10 each. John agreed to sell me Soul Caliber for 20 which I hope to get this week. I'm planning on getting Gears of War 2 because it comes with the free 1600 point card (which only makes it 40 dollars). That Vigilante 8 game is coming out for the Live arcade and want to get that. Still debating the other big releases like COD. Getting Fallout and maybe Endwar for Xmas. Too many games, too little time, too difficult to play while watching the kid all day.

No comments: