Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update

I've been taking Jeremy out almost every day. He's played with Emily across the street a few times and the boys next door a few times. He just got into a baseball kick and I took him to the field yesterday. Unfortunately, it was too warm and we only stayed for about 20 minutes. He's hitting the ball pretty good, actually playing all sports well. He's throwing better and playing hockey better.

I was playing hockey outside with him and rolled my ankle badly. I missed our playoff game at Big Wheel that week. We won third place overall. They started a new session with four teams. Last week was a free week and I played quite a bit. Our team is mostly in tact, with the loss of Tim and Joe. I hope we don't get no pass Jeff on our team. He's a college kid. Can't he realize what he's doing by not passing? Tuesday night pickup has been fun as well, with a good group of guys. I'm too out of shape for iron man hockey.

Chris came over to bring the lawnmower and to go mountain biking. Holly took her mom out shopping for mother's day while Chris and I went biking. We went to Jim Thorpe. We stopped to rest when these two dyke broads came and pointed to a split in the trail and said "The singletrack is up there." We thought they were speaking to us but they didn't acknowledge us at all, even after we said hello. We wound up going up that way and getting lost. We were on game land or power line trails trying to find the road by listening to cars. We came along some Mexicans on four wheelers and followed them out. They were going through huge puddles and we rode through right behind. It was hilarious. We found the road, found a baseball game at a Panther Valley school and asked for directions. We were way off started to bike back. I ran out of water at this point. We were considering asking someone to use their phone to call Holly to pick us up but we didn't. Good thing because she wasn't close to home yet. We walked the bikes up a huge hill which killed me. We rode down the hill, which must've been a mile. I started getting shaky and woozy down the hill. I stopped at the bottom dehydrated. I layed on a grass clearing in the middle of the road. Chris went to a house to get me water. I stayed and drank the water, resting. He started towards the state park to pick me up but I went after him. I felt funny for a bit afterwards but after dinner I started to feel normal again.

Merle went to Florida and went crazy. He drove past his location by an hour, stopped his can and then started ramming the ruck behind him. He then set the truck on fire and ran into the woods. They caught him with dogs and he was saying that monsters were after him and he killed one. Dale had to go to Florida with George to pick him up. We gave Dale some money to help him out and it all went to the Florida trip. Merle was diagnosed with Alzheimers.

My birthday was nice. Holly got out of work an hour early and got us chinese. The food wasn't too good. The wanton soup and noodles that came with them were good and so was General Tso's but the lo mein and egg rolls were off. I reinjured my ankle going up the steps and was gimping around a few days. Holly got me the John Lennon Book, Crysis, 2 t shirts (the best hockey shirt ever), 2 shorts, Banjo Minnow, and two pairs of underwear (xbox and simpsons). Jeremy got me Hulk pencils and Hulk Tattoos. Holly baked me a vanilla/vanilla cake with pudding in the middle. Came out excellent.

Mom and Dad took me to the casino for my birthday. The food at the buffet was decent and I gambled 40 bucks before we decided it sucked too bad and went bowling. I had fun bowling. I had spares/one strike the first seven frames of the game. Then I sucked it up bad at the end and Chris almost caught up to me. Mom and Dad got me Street Fighter 4 and a Warcraft game card.

Holly got me an ankle brace and I've been wearing it while outside. I'm going to start doing ankle exercises to try to strengthen it. I've been working out the last few weeks. Not hardcore but hitting the bag, doing pushups and biking a bit. Just trying to tone up.

Left my old guild and joined a new one. They're a late night raiding guild with mostly older members. I'm happy with them and most are really friendly. After I got in a lot of other people started to join but I've got a bit of seniority on them. I've been raiding with them too much but I'm hoping to cut down once I gear up more. I completed Naxx twice with them (the Saturday night runs are tough to do) and we've cleared the first 5 bosses in Ulduar. We've done Malygos 3 times and OS+1 three times. Last night we cleared Maly 2nd try, OS+1 2nd try, Emalon 2nd try, and then 10 man Emalon 1st. I wiped early in the fight and was battle rezzed right as lightning hit. It was a good night for raiding. I just bought dual specs and am going to experiment with Destro soon.

I beat SF4 with Sagat but am having trouble with other characters. I like the game quite a bit. I put an hour or two into Crysis. It's a fun game and I'm just getting to the Alien part of it.

No comments: