So what's happened the last few months?
School:
Only three classes this semester: Biology, Income Tax Accounting, and Intermediate Algebra. I'm awaiting on the Biology grade but I got a B in the other classes. Was hoping for an A in the math class but I guess I didn't do well on the final. As for Income Tax Accounting, I scored a 76, 84, and 88 on the tests. When the tests are 25 question multiple choice, there's little room for error. I also didn't do too well on the first tax project in the class. I did score a 96 on the final tax project. With math, I scored a 91, 86, and 79 on the tests. The 79 was weak because one problem I lost eight point for a stupid calculator intersection point of a graph and this should have been easy but I must've typed it in wrong. Biology was a real killer this semester. The most difficult class I've taken in a while. I hated the lab portion for the first weeks but started to like it after that. My lab group was decent and I think I made a friend in Bob, who lives in the neighborhood. We went for drinks with the teacher after the last class and we have plans to start golfing in the spring. The only part I'm nervous about is that he was a high school golfer and a good golfer overall while I was never really good at it. I had that streak for a few months that I could hit the balls decent but that was it. We'll see what happens. I'm still awaiting the Biology grade but it should be a B. I really hope it is, as I scored an 89 on the Lab final and that accounts for 40% of the grade. IT seems as if my teacher started curving up the test grades, something I noticed today. We'll see what happens later when the grade is posted.
I scheduled for the next semester which is: Intro to Computers, Speech, International Relations, and College Algebra. I have to go to school for Speech which is going to be a pain in the ass in the winter. I got the International Relations class after it was filled and someone dropped, which was really lucky. If not, I would've have to go for International Business on campus or waited until the summer for the online portion of the class. I should be done after there four classes but I have an online accounting class scheduled just in case I need another credit. I'm going to try to place out of the computer class, as it seems pretty simple. I would've rather taken C++ but there are no online courses.
Jeremy School and Wrestling:
Jeremy has been doing well in school. He started Speech Therapy a few weeks after school started. He likes school for the most part but still complains in the mornings that he doesn't want to go. He didn't do all that great this report card, probably because of his speech but hopefully he starts to do better. He was messing up on things like ABC's, which I really don't understand.
Jeremy joined wrestling a few weeks after school started. While he seemed to like it the first few weeks, he's about to quit it. He liked the practices but then started to dislike them more and more each week. He would execute the moves well when practicing with me but then totally fail in a real match. He had a tournament at Palmerton which he got pinned twice, pinned one kid and went the distance but lost in points. There was another match at Palmerton in which he just got dominated by every kid he wrestled and it was at this point that I think he finally wanted to give it up. Frustrating to watch him get dominated like that.
Victor:
Holly and I went to the Chinese Super Buffet and had to get Mack some dog food. Jeremy and I had just got done watching some nature shows the days before that and I was toying around with the idea of a snake. Holly really didn't want us to get it but then she caved in and we got him. She has even grown to like him. We're about to get him a new tank tonight after we go out to dinner.
Hockey:
Hockey started out rough with a twisted ankle the first week of the session. I called Big Wheel and told them to put me on a team and they did. Both Jay and Rob followed me over to the new team. I got into a fight with Brandon the first week after he gave me a cheap shot and then I hooked him. I kept calling him a "Faggot" and he went at me, which drew a penalty which really helped because my penalty would have put us a man down with only four minutes remaining and up by two goals. Two quick goals on that team was definitely a possibility. I was out the next week and got my new skates during the downtime. I decided to try out Mission and I'm glad I did. I'm really happy with the new skates. I make sure to take them out of my bag and put them up in the closet after I'm done playing so the bearings don't get rusted. I'll never buy another pair of Tour Skates again. I said that once but figured it was due to the abuse of the old Tours. I remember skating in the rain with them. I bought them specifically for outside use but I was never impressed with them, even if they were only 100. The rest of the session went Ok. We were in fifth place and played our old team for a playoff spot. We lost the game but I think the season as a whole was decent. There are problems on the team, like me having to play defense but that was the least of the worries. Going into the season, I was FAT. My fitness has been atrocious for months.
Fat:
I was basically a sloth for the summer, getting very little exercise. I played in that hockey league but didn't build up any kind of fitness. Basically during the league, I complained the whole time about how fat and out of shape I was. That isn't the type of player I ever want to be. I knew I was fat and slow and didn't do anything about it. The speed was contributed directly to the skates because when I bought the new ones, I was much faster and smoother. Didn't go mountain biking, only went kayaking once, it was a bad summer for exercise. I was the fattest I've ever been and I weighed in at 212 a few weeks ago. I've gotten to 200 where I've been for a few weeks now. I started a weight training program a few months ago, buying a cheap bench at Walmart. The bench wasn't quite big enough and chris wanted a bench so I sold it to him and bought a new one. However, the new one was half together downstairs for a few weeks before I finally got enough ambition to finish it. I've been consistent with the weight lifting every other day and have been taking protein powder after the workouts. I've just started taking the protein on the off days as well. I bought some new powder through amazon after seeing it get good reviews for both taste and price. The power at Walmart is disgusting and I almost threw it up today. The clumps don't come out while mixing. I'm hoping to get to 185 or somewhere around there. My running hasn't been consistent in the least and I need that to shed the weight as I'm not doing much else during the day. I did a few days outside but it's too cold and sometimes I don't feel like running at the normal times. I should go out everyday with the dog but sometimes it's just not feasible. I brought the treadmill downstairs and was doing well two weeks ago but twisted my ankle last week and stayed off the treadmill for like 9 days. My initial goal, like every year is to train for the marathon but we'll see what happens when it gets closer.
Chris was here as I asked him to come down so I could buy a freezer for downstairs. He wasn't going to spend the night but he decided to. He was sleeping, I wanted to get some exercise and went to run on the treadmill in the garage but decided against it after I had gotten in there. I had run on the treadmill a few days ago in the garage and started to get sick. I don't know if i was inhaling insulation or just from dust but I coudln't do it in there so I decided to bring it downstairs. It was a real bitch to do and I barely got it through the door from the garage to downstairs but I did. Chris woke up right as I was dragging it through the hallway downstairs. Pretty funny.
Christmas
I wasn't going to ask Mom for anything big for Christmas but decided to ask for a good pair of ice hockey skates. I really want to get into a league and with the baseball freezing over in the summer, I could really use a pair of skates that fit me. The old skates are just such a pain to put on. Plus they're like ten years old and although hockey companies want you to believe the technology of their products changes every year, there is definitely a difference in skates in a ten year period. I remember when I finally got those Tours after using the Bauers for all those years. I don't know what else I got, as I don't really remember asking for much else. Chris got me a pair of hockey pants.
Flu:
Jeremy was sick all last week and he didn't have the flu but it was close to it. He had pretty much every symptom one can have when they're sick. He got over it in about a week's time.
Hiking:
We finally went hiking on the trail after I had taken Jeremy to the doctor about his cough. I decided to stop off and try it out with him. The trail is quite steep. We all went back on the weekend and hiked about a mile. It's straight uphill. I bought myself a pair of hiking shoes from Walmart that worked pretty well. I've been wanting to go back there but haven't.
MTGO:
I started covering standard at the website for a few weeks and was publishing them every week. My writing has pretty much died down the last few weeks as school and other things have been more important.
I had a goal to qualify for MOCS and I did on the second to last day with 15 points. I came quite close a few times, missing top 8 of a few premier events with one match, game, and even an unlucky round. But I did qualify, got my promo Day of Judgment, and opened a Molten Tail Masticore in the end of season championship which made it worth it. I was playing A LOT of magic during that time, with tournaments more than once a day. It was too much magic and I haven't played as much since then, which was about November. I drafted the new set a bit when it came out but I haven't played much competitive standard, besides from a few 2 man queues. I started to try to collect a foil set of Scars, got pretty close and then stopped.
Games:
I got an offer in my mail for a free few day period of Eve and a reduced 2 month fee. I guess these offers do entice people to play because I started playing again. I wasn't able to get the 2 months for 20 as there was something wrong but a dev was able to give me 45 days for 15, which works out to the same. I've been having some fun in the game, spending a good deal of the isk I had. I learned more about the game and may stick with it long term. I've been looking at buying a new character and really wanted one that ended yesterday but I couldn't justify the 400 dollars, even if he did have 70 million SP. If I had known about the auction a few days earlier, I would've cleared out some of my MTGO account to raise the funds. With a character like that, you can play the game for free and probably make enough to actually make real money out of the game by selling Plex. I haven't joined a corp yet but I think I'm going to in the next few days. I've been having fun in the exploration area and I've decided to train into Covert Ops which seems interesting to me. It has practical PVP purposes but to zoom around low sec cloaked is pretty amusing. I would like to eventually get a PVPer or devote that guy to some kind of PVP. I do want an industrialist, whether it be a miner or a trader.
I bought Warcraft when it came out and have to say the expansion is pretty fun. I've been leveling the Druid, as Blackrock is such a bitch to get into at night. There's about a 3000 person waiting queue. Playing on a PVP server is much more fun and you always have to watch your back. I have the Druid at 85% to 84 and the lock is at 81. I really want a Goblin Rogue but I have to see if I'm even going to stick with this game. I should have really just leveled the lock so i could just run around pvp'ing people but I got some funny idea in my head about tanking. I told mom to buy me a game card and we'll see where we're at after that expires if she got it for me.
I bought Demon's Souls and beat it. Chris and I played together for a few hours one night and it was fun. There are a few things i want to back and do in that game such as beating the two optional bosses. I was thinking of playing it over again but I probably won't. I started Uncharted 2, hated it and then gave it more time and like it enough, even though I haven't played it in weeks. I might start Mass Effect 2 today but I don't know if the computer can handle it without crashing. I was running both Eve and Warcraft at the same time and the computer didn't slow down but then it just freezes randomly. I wish I could get this problem figured out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment