Jeremy's soccer team has been doing really well. He doesn't complain about soccer and he likes playing. He usually plays ten minutes in goal and ten minutes on defense. He's getting the hang of defense positioning but he needs to be more aggressive in cutting off the ball and trying to get the ball from the offensive players. His team won 10-0 today or something crazy like that. His coach is really good and teaches the kids right. They have a scrimmage this Tuesday against one of the best teams in the area so we'll see how they do. I'm sure if they lose Ed will be working with the kids to try to get to that skill level.
Every Thursday is overcast with some rain but not enough to cancel practice. I missed practice last Thursday because I wanted to go to hockey and this Thursday it was drizzling and cold when we got there but it cleared up. Since they moved back practice to 5:30, I'm going to see if I can coach for about an hour and then leave and have Holly bring him home. I'll get to hockey a few minutes late but it's better than missing it. Marco and I played open ice hockey a few times. We played once on Friday morning and it was great, plenty of ice time and there were just enough to give you a lot of skating. However, guys seemed to have quit pretty early and the session ended early, which I can't complain because I got plenty of time. I never sharpened my skates and they're in dire need of it. We played last night and I played like shit, considering the dull skates and a new stick that should have been cut down about an inch. Tried to sign up for the ice hockey league after I met a guy at open hockey that said his team needed players but took a week to get a call back from the rink and the phone call didn't really answer any questions. Big Wheel starts next week and I hope our team can perform. I always liked the guys on black and I thought they had more hockey sense and were smarter than some of the guys on the old team.
Been hanging out with Marco. Went to see Jimmy and hung out at his house bullshitting for a few hours one night. Marco has been here a few times, just hanging out.
Computer is at Velocity Micro and still waiting to hear back about the cost. They said the motherboard wasn't good and they were nice enough to offer to replace the motherboard and Ram as long as I replace the processor. Should be about 200 at the most. Hopefully the fucking thing works well when I get it back. There are some games I feel like playing like Starcraft which doesn't work on the laptop the right way and there are tons of games coming out that I need the PC for. There are also plenty of new releases for the consoles that I'm considering getting like Gears of War 3 and Resistance 3 but I don't know how much I would play them. I know the 4 big games I want are Dark Souls, Battlefield 3, Rage, and Elder Scrolls. Just a matter of spending all the money on games when we have Florida coming up.
Holly's birthday is coming up and I still have to order her presents and try to get her a surprise. I don't know what the hell to get her.
Mom and Dad are looking at houses and they found something they liked and tried to put a bid in but Matt took his fucking time like the retard he is and the offer wasn't in enough time. I told them not work with him. You would think one of Chris's best friends would be working hard for them, especially with the commission on the line.
Played tennis with Ryan last week. Started off slow but started to get into the groove in and almost went into a playoff on game one, losing after a few deuces 6-4. Next game we started 2-2 but then got a phone call from Chris about going out to dinner because he got out early and it fucked up my whole game and I sabotaged myself, losing 6-2, 6-1. Got some shitty greasy pizza afterward.
Been getting back into comics, mostly because of Chris. Ryan lent me a bunch of stuff. I've read:
Akira
Crossed 1&2
Ultimatum
Days of the Future Past
Red Hulk 1-5
Astonishing X-Men 1-25
Going to focus on the stuff Ryan gave me first and then start reading some stuff I downloaded. I bought some Hulk Comics to catch up with the series a bit and then bought Morrison's JLA 1-50 for a good price and Sandman which I paid a bit more than I intended but I really wanted the series to read again. The resale value on both of them should be decent, especially Sandman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment