One week left of summer. I decided to assistant coach Jeremy's soccer team against my better judgment. I don't mind doing, except that it falls on Thursdays and there has been open hockey on Thursday. Plus the last few Thursdays have been iffy weather wise, with last Thursday practice getting canceled halfway through, forty five minutes late. Plus Jeremy has already started to bitch about not wanting to go to practice and that's really not too fun to deal with. Feel like I'm wasting my time forcing him to go when he doesn't really want to.
Marco moved back. Went to Sunday hockey and he was there talking to Nick. Been hanging out with him since he came back. We went to Bethlehem a few times to skate at the outdoor rink, which is actually pretty nice. I just don't want to fuck up my wheels or sticks too bad. The first time we just passed the puck around and the second we played a small ball hockey game. He came over the house a few times to hang out.
The velocity micro broke once again. It hadn't been running all that great. I had problems a few weeks before that miraculously just fixed itself. The computer wasn't really freezing, although I wasn't playing too many games on it besides Starcraft. I went through their customer service, they couldn't do anything for me and then wrote a bad review on a review site and someone else got back to me trying to help me. She's proven more knowledgeable than the previous techs and even offered to fix the computer for me for free with me only paying the shipping cost (The previous offer was the standard I pay both shipping costs, plus 99 dollars an hour for labor plus parts.) The Bios may be corrupted so I'm expecting a call back tomorrow to see if they have a software update for me. If not, I'll send it back.
Started playing ice hockey and it's been great fun. I go on Friday Nights and it's an older crowd. Starting to get more comfortable on the skates and I'm looking forward to playing this upcoming season. I have to figure out exactly what I'm doing with that in the next few weeks because I don't want to miss a cutoff to sign up. There's also a big ball hockey league in ALlentown and I'm intrigued to play there. The weather is one reason I wouldn't want to. We'll see what happens.
Chris and Marco are going to play roller this session so those are two people I'm going to be playing with. I don't know if I'm going to play on the same team or try something else. Warren had a few additions for the team and while they're nice enough people, I don't really like how they play.
Went to Aunt Mare's for a few days. We left on Friday morning. Chris was nice enough to come here and pick us up. The drive wasn't so bad. The first night was the best, with nice weather and us hanging outside the whole night barbecuing, swimming, eating, making smores, etc. Jeremy had a blast in the pool the days he was there. We went to play tennis the first day and I've never seen such shitty tennis courts. You're also supposed to get a pass if you want to play on any tennis court in the city. We didn't do it though. I thought Maria was going to annoy the hell out of me but I actually liked her. She kept getting into fights with her husband. The second night the weather was shitty with rain so we just hung around and watched 127 hours. The air mattress we slept on wasn't too comfortable and kept deflating. Chris and I were sort of planning to go gambling on the way there or home or go into the city but it just didn't work out; was just too much of a pain in the ass. We went home on Sunday. I wouldn't have minded staying another day. Jeremy stayed until Wednesday.
Been playing Starcraft 2 and picked up zerg. I'm not good at the game and lose some games I really should win but I think I'm slowly starting to learn things about the game. It does take a while to get used to everything but my decision making is not all there. Like today I lost all three games I played and I could have won at least two of them. Should have won at least two of them. A few different decisions like placing spores at my expansion or being more aggressive would have won me the game.
Started reading comics again a bit. Still reading Infinite Jest. Chris started getting into comics like the day after I started reading them. He bought the Captain America and Astonishing Xmen 25 issue editions. He gave me xmen today. I picked up Cerebus a bit and might go to the invisibles which I never finished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment