Finished my last week of full time at Fed Ex. Going to work part time for a week or two and then either find a totally different full time job or do another part time job. Probably end up at Home Depot for ten or fifteen hours a week. They moved me to the 7:30 shift which although seems worse, is actually better. I'll have more time at home to relax and more time to fish, bike, and take jeremy outside.
Got hit in the wrist last Sunday in the last two minutes of the hockey game. Missed Monday and Tuesday at work. Could've probably gone in on Tuesday but it wasn't worth reinjuring it, especially with the dumped trucks. Plus it snowed on Monday and I wanted to call off anyway. We got at least ten inches of snow. It melted pretty quick. Scored 4 goals and 3 assists last Sunday.
Holly I went to the New York International Car Show last Saturday. It was through the school for 25 dollars including transportation. Overall the show wasn't that bad. It was interesting but way too crowded and I hate that kind of thing. Holly got to sit in a Jag. I sat in a few cars too. It's just sickening how much new autos cost.
Sickness has spread through the house. Holly had to do hearing evaluations on day care kids and they made her sick. Jeremy caught it next and then me. I felt like shit at work on Friday and I'm still not feeling 100 percent. Saturday we attempted to take Jeremy fishing. We got him a Scooby Doo pole from K-mart, got sandwiches from Subway and went to the Tobyhanna State Park. He was really bad and wouldn't listen while we tried to eat and we were going to go home but we gave him another chance. We tried fishing near the dam but it was just too windy so we decided to walk along the trail. Jeremy being bad wasn't fun but getting him a fishing was and walking along the trail was. I think it'll be at least a year until he has the patience to fish. I went to hockey tonight even though I wasn't feeling all too well. Not the best thing to do but oh well. I scored 1 goal and had two assists. I didn't play particulary hard or well but I did get to play. Holly suprised me and brought Jeremy there with her. She wanted to get Ice Cream after but I didn't think they'd be open that late (probably not until after Memorial Day) so we went to Burger King and then to Walmart for food shopping and home.
Jeremy seems to be eating good for the last few days.
I was going to buy a Trek 1000 (670) Specialized Allez (700), or Raleigh Sport(600) but broke past the impulse buy stage!! We went bike shopping at Mountain Valley Cycles in Stroudsburg last week. They were holding a 10% off sale. Everything was being sold at MSRP though. She sized me as a 56cm. The Trek was too small at that size (my front foot hit the tire on the turn). The Raleigh seemed more comfortable even though it was a few pounds heavier (2 to 3) Didn't get a chance to ride the Specialized. It got better reviews on the forum than the Trek. I couldn't buy the bike when we went there because we had Holly's car (my car was getting a new front tire) so I decided that I would go back the next day after the car show if we had time. They were holding a demo there and it was the last day of the 10% off sale. I actually drove past the place and decided not to go in and then started shopping online. Found decent bikes at Bikesdirect.com and was going to buy one off there. They had decent priced models and I almost convinced myself to buy a 700 bike but did some thinking. Found an ebay auction and won my bike for 378 (my max bid! Would've been outbid if I had bid ten seconds earlier because he probably bid 380 but it wasn't 5.00 more than my high bid). Bike is a Windsor Bristol, Brand New assembled and ridden around the block (according to the seller). I think he bought it from the bikesdirect brick store and never rode it. We shall see. He seems to be content to ship without me paying first so I may have it by Friday if he ships tomorrow.
So now I can get a few more things for my birthday instead of spending way too much on one thing. I want to get an xbox 360 game and probably at least disc brakes for my mountain bike. Getting a new fork is goign to be too much.
I stopped working out a month ago and I have to start doing something again. I'm getting fat and lazy. I think I may train for Iron Man Triathalons. One of my old co workers was training for the Pocono Marathon and it intrigued me but I found out about it too late. I'm going to start running on the treadmill and maybe do some actual runs outside. We'll see what comes of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment