They got rid of our incentive checks and our raises and all supervisors took a 5% pay cut. I'm disgusted because if it was only a few weeks later I would've received my raise. I was looking forward to the raise (with the cost of living a few weeks later it would've been 1.5 raise) because it's substantial. But now we get nothing. Work had been pretty slow before and I took a few early outs and a few days off.
On Tuesday before Christmas break almost the whole place left early. Only the city had work and we had plenty of it. I was trying to get out of there before the ice storm hit but of course I couldn't. The highways were covered and slick but I took my time the whole way there. I was going 40 but then slowed when I passed 3 or 4 cars that had slid off the road and were stuck in the snow/ice mix.
Christmas Eve I was supposed to meet Chris so he could take me to Mom's (Holly was coming directly from work) but we forgot the car seat in the other car. It was a miserable rainy day (w/ chance of ice) but thankfully it was warm enough Chris picked me up. I gave him the Xbox for his Winter Break. Mom's cooking came out excellent. We just hung out there the whole night, watching Gremlins and playing games. We all opened our presents from mom. She got me:
Giants T-Shirt
Giants NFC Champion Sweatshirt (returned)
Giants NFC Champion T-Shirt (returned) for Rangers Shirt
Under Armour (returned, too small)
Hockey T-Shirt
Rangers Goalie Mask
1600 Microsoft Point Card
Rock Band 2
Motion Light for House
Cookware Set
Naked Lunch Criterion Collection
Jeremy slept on the way home so he went right to bed. Holly was tired from a long day and she went to bed early. I stayed up and played Warcraft until 7. Jeremy woke up at 9:30. We opened presents. I didn't get Holly anything good (I didn't know what to get her). She got me:
Master Chief Sweatshirt
Master Chief Figure
Master Chief X Mas Ornament
Star Wars Mugs (For Jeremy and I)
Boba Fett Mug
Star Wars Encyclopedia (Going to Return)
Gummi Life Savers
Blistex
Desktop Magnetic Toy
R2D2 Mr Potato Head (Going to give to Jeremy)
JLA Boxers (Jeremy)
After we opened presents Holly set up a lot of his toys. I struggled to set up Spiderman 3 Sandman Playset but w/ lack of sleep and shitty directions, I got fed up and went to sleep.
Shirley actually came to visit with Dale a few weekends ago. They brought Winona and stayed a few hours. Jeremy was happy to see them but he acted like a jerk the whole time and the rest of the night.
Started playing Warcraft. Addicted. I tried to get Chris into it and he did play with me for a few hours before giving up. I was hoping to recruit him for the recruit a friend so we could play together and I could get a month free plus triple xp but he's done w/ the game. It's too much money. I've leveled my Warlock to 24 and a Druid to 12. I'm not really liking the Druid but I do like the Warlock. Got stuck at level 21 for a while until I found some guys to help me w/ the Orc quests. Some very helpful guy in game gave me 25 gold and helped me do higher level quests which really helps at the low levels. I also grouped w/ some idiots. All the luck of the draw. Hoping to start some dungeons soon. The game is damn addictive but I think I'll cut down on it a bit when I get my Xbox back.
I played hockey for the first time in months. I'm in terrible shape. I couldn't skate for my life. Felt like I was going to pass out the whole time I was there. Didn't help that our team only had 6 guys on it. Hockey was my after Christmas getting fat wake up call. I cleaned out the garage and started jumping rope. Bought an extension cord so I can start running on the treadmill. Not going to go too hardcore, just enough to lose a few pounds and lose the back fat/side rolls. Cutting soda out of the diet for the most part.
Broke two keys at work last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment