Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Short week at work for Thanksgiving. I got a half an hour overtime one night and an forty five mins on Wednesday. I was considering staying longer on Wednesday but didn't feel like it after I got paired with that weird guy in a Sony truck. Fucking guy didn't help and then left promptly at 3:30. I got stuck doing the rest. Pulled my side a bit doing that or carrying 6 Olympia Chimneys .

Thanksgiving turned out very nice. Holly prepared a lot of the food the night before. Dinner was excellent. It took Jeremy hours to eat. We hung out the rest of the night. Mom decided she didn't feel like driving and somehow Chris was suckered into picking up Jeremy and I. Holly came to the house later on to pick me up. Mom watched the baby for us the rest of the weekend. It was nice to have time to ourselves. Holly had to take her dad to Merle's on Saturday and she didn't get home until 8. We ran to the local supermarket and came home and ate together. Hung out the rest of the night. I met Chris on Sunday afternoon after the Giants/Rangers. Giant's won again and Rangers played like shit. The weather was miserable with rain here and snow/rain/ice mix up in the Poconos. Long Pong was shit and couldn't tell if it was icy or wet. Took my time. Got home and hung out the rest of the night.

Monday night took the new car and almost hit a bear. It was raining in Palmerton and it rained earlier in Poconos and then snowed which made for icy conditions again on Long Pond. Got out of work early on Wednesday and 15 mins early on Tuesday. The city was dead and I felt oddly enthusiastic to work on book and to get out of work.

Beat Gears of War 2. End boss was ridiculously easy. Beat him first try. Most pathetic boss along with Halo 3. Tried to give online mode a chance and hate it. I started to play game on Insane and will probably slowly complete it. Started playing Mass Effect. Trying to get into the groove of it. Don't feel like reading so much dialogue. Ordered Orange Box, Bioshock for 20 and Fallout 3 for 40 on Black Friday. Ordered Endwar 24 shipped from Asia. Couldn't pass it up for that kind of money. Now have a big back log of games but at least won't be bored. Was considering getting PS3 w/ 150 off credit card offer. Can't justify it though. Have to get my ass w/ xmas presents.

No comments: