Old Country Buffet for dinner tonight. I originally mentioned Paolo's but grew out of that plan as the day went on. Besides that, just hung out. Watched the Ranger's game and have to say they've been pulling out games lately. I don't remember a time when the team has done this. I really like the core of young guys and if we trimmed some of the fat, I think the team would be much better. As it goes, we're still a fairly strong team. Missed Avery's return to Dallas but caught an overtime winner the other night and a good team effort tonight. Holly and I watched that Dog documentry and she wanted to watch a movie but it was 2am by that point and I knew I would fall asleep a few minutes in.
Snow on Friday and Jeremy got the day off from school. We got about two inches. Holly went into work a few hours late and I was glad she did. Another dusting of snow this morning.
Decided to check out the baseball field Monday after Jeremy got out of school. It was open but the ice seemed pretty weak. We both wanted to go but I couldn't imagine skating on there with Dad's skates again and I didn't want to skate with dull skates or make Jeremy skate with them. Drove to Steel Ice to get the skates sharpened. Bundled the kid up and went there on Tuesday but it was closed. There were a few guys playing there and I ratted them out so they wouldn't ruin the ice. We went on Thursday and skated for hours. A few guys showed up and we just played 2 on 2 back and forth. Jeremy couldn't skate and was falling all over the place. He took his skates off after we were there for about an hour. Then I tried to keep him occupied while I played. The one guy was decent and plays in a league outside the base he's stationed. The other kid, who gave me a kind of dirty look when he came, was ok. Two more guys showed up as I was getting ready to leave and two more kids were putting a small net together in the parking lot as I was pulling out. Didn't get to skate the last few days because of the snow.
Sunday morning game is canceled because both teams couldn't make it. It's in our best interest to postpone it because most guys couldn't make it and I didn't feel like going Iron Man hockey. Hope to get some ice time in on Sunday. Monday I'm supposed to meet Chris down at Stroudsburg but I don't know how well that's going to work with Jeremy. He'll probably start bitching because he can't play. Mom is taking Jeremy next Friday to Monday because he's off for Martin Luther King's. Hopefully everything works out so I can go on that Monday and play for a full day without the kid.
Jeremy officially quit wrestling. It was a bit of a sore point between Holly and I to let him quit or not but he wasn't having any fun and I just couldn't see him continuing with it. I hate for him to be a quitter but what can you do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment