Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25th

Today is dad's birthday and I'm going down there for dinner. I was hoping they would have made it for tomorrow, so I didn't have to miss out on open hockey but I'm not going to force the issue. Don't know where we're going yet. I really wouldn't mind Red Lobster but anything down that way is fine. Still waiting to hear back from that guy about the hockey league. He said there was one guy that was interested that he was waiting to hear back from. I don't know what I want to do at this point.

Rained here for more than a week straight but I think it's finally starting to clear up. Was supposed to rain today but it looks sunny and yesterday turned out to be a sunny day as well. I went to Salsibury on Saturday but the conditions were too wet to really enjoy. I was nervous to hit any of the obstacles and climbing up some of those rocky sections was impossible. It was kind of upsetting but at least I got out there for a few hours. Went to Trexler last night and have to say I enjoyed it a lot more this time around than the first time. They've recently put signs up at some of the trail intersections which made it a lot easier to recognize where you were going. Holly stopped at Sports Authotiy on the way home so by the time I made it down there it was 7. I rode until 8 and then came home. Getting in a good hour ride like that is fine with me whenever I can do it, especially as I understand how the trail system works there. Maybe I can do that once a week after she gets home (if I'm not playing in that other hockey league), just to keep in shape. I do like it there more than I did the first time. Definitely a different kind of experience than Salsibury, with Salisbury being more epic and difficult. I think I'm going to try those clipless pedals again. I'm pretty scared of them but I can see where they would help. Going to start riding the road bike as well. I should've taken it out this morning after I dropped the kid off but I was pretty tired. I have to start going to be early, something I've been saying for months now.

Went to Old Country Buffet on Friday night and got a pair of sneakers, some biking underwear, and biking gloves. I got the zigtechs, still haven't tried them on. They're still on the counter.

Our next door neighbor cut down the tree in front of the house.

I haven't been running on the treadmill much and I really need to step up my game. Doing it in morning or afternoon first thing might better my chances as actually completing it. I get tired at night and don't feel like doing it.

Have to weed the side and front of the house. Holly bought some plants to put in.

Starting watching the Larry Sanders Show. I like it, pretty decent. Started playing with Uncharted 2 again as well, it's not great but not terrible. Only a few more weeks until Jeremy is done with school. Think we're going to sign him up for a sports daycamp that runs a few weeks in June. Give him something to do for a few hours a day and get him out of my hair. I don't know what I'm doing about coaching that team. I was hoping there would be enough people and that I could just try it out in an assistant coach position. I guess I'll see what happens with that hockey team and then decide.

No comments: