Last week of school. Trying to get everything done by Thursday so I can enjoy my birthday. Just finished up final speech paper. Have to write an International Relations essay, do computer project, and take math test. Math test due by Wednesday. Want to go out to dinner with the parents on Thursday but I want to play open hockey as well. There is also the question of whether Holly wants to come to dinner with us. Would've been easier if open hockey was last week so we would have this week open. Mom also has the job now and doesn't get out until 4:30 so that makes it difficult to have an early dinner. Holly also won't be able to get out early and she wouldn't be down in Stroudsburg until six at the earliest.
Got my new bike and tattoo. Tattoo was a pain in the ass, took almost four hours. I'm happy about how it came out. Would've liked it be a little darker and not as bright but I still think he did a nice job. It hurt when he was doing it and i was getting bored of laying on that table. I would go back to him again, especially because he does custom art and could do a hockey tattoo or heat or something for me.
Got my bike the same week as well. Went on that Friday all the way down to Jersey. Was right before the city. The ride actually wasn't that bad. I had been toying around the idea of a new bike and Holly allowed me to get whatever I wanted. She would've let me get a 2.5k bike or guitar or whatever. She's too good to me. As much as I wanted a nice, new full suspension, I couldn't see spending that kind of money on a bike. Each day I was set on a different bike. First a Specialized Camber, maybe 29, then a Giant Trance, then a Santa Cruz. Even 1.5k doesn't get you much a bike when it comes to full suspension and that was the price point I was looking at. I found the Rocky Mountain on the mtbr classifieds and it was a decent price with good components. I honestly didn't fall in love with the bike and it wasn't fancy at first look but it was a good value and had a lot of potential. I responded to the add the day the guy posted it and was in communication with him all week. I went down that Friday to pick it up. The full suspension is definitely different and I don't quite have it dialed in all the way. Chris has come down the last two Mondays and we've gone to Walking Purchase Park. It's awesome there, albeit pretty difficult terrain. The rocky uphills are a challenge. There are parts where we get frustrated because it's uphill and rocky and makes it really difficult to get through. But it's just challenging enough to give you a sense of accomplishment when you clear it. I went to the Trexler Animal Preserve on Saturday and broke my chain. I think we put the chain on inside out because my shifting was effected today. I didn't have such a good day on the trail today in the beginning. Rocky terrain, walking the bikes through, getting stuck on rocks, hitting my sack/dick trying to come off that tree section. The shifting/clicking of the bike was pissing me off as well and interrupted the flow of pedaling. But towards the end I got into it more and had a good day, although it felt short. We got sicilian sasauge and peppers pizza the last two weeks after riding. We also went to play disc golf near the house at the river and while the course is pretty shitty, it's not bad for five minutes away.
Been playing pretty good in hockey the last few weeks. Feel stronger and better. Not as fatigued. Just started running on the treadmill the other day. Treadmill has been running near perfect when I was using it but last night it was malfunctioning. Want to try get my ass in gear when it comes to training. We got a new guy on our hockey team to play defense and he's decent and helps our team. We beat Tim's team last night. I had a couple of goals, all of them lucky. But I did skate hard.
PC has been running shitty. Was getting stuck on Velocity Micro screen but then it worked for a few weeks. However, it's stuck at that screen once again and won't go past it. Have to take it in or try to do the work myself. Mack has been bit by ticks twice and I had one on me the other day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment