Monday, February 18, 2008

Stressful Week


It was a stressful week and I'm glad to see it go. Dale took me car shopping on Monday. Holly had a two hour delay and as I was checking my messages on the way down to Allentown, found out that the wheel wouldn't turn on my car. We had miserable weather the night before (below zero) and all the cars were affected by it. Dale's brakes were making funny noises almost the whole way down to Allentown. We found the Singh's without too much of a problem. I immediately asked to see the Neon and took it for a test drive. Everything was nice about the car and I decided to get it. Started the paper work and then went to lunch after the financing paper was started. He told me it would take an hour to get the loan finalised so Dale and I went to Burger King. That's when his reverse completely gave out. I had to push him out of the space. Went back to the car lot and had to go to tags place. Had to push Dale backwards once again. Got the tags and plate for the car and we were ready to go. Stopped at Wawa on the way home to fuel up and found out that the fuel cap had a lock on it. Had to go back to the dealer and wait over an hour to get the right fuel cap. Get home and find out that the car key is only a valet key and we have to get another key made if we want to work our trunk.


The serpentine belt was off my car and I had to take Dale's car to work. I had trouble getting out of the yard with it. It was whining like a bitch. I had to stop once on the way to work and had to stop immediately after getting out of work. Didn't know if I would make it home. I tried to go fast to keep the tranny going but of course I got stuck behind trucks and slow drivers. I got home and found out that Holly had been having major heart problems during the night. Her leg had been bothering her for about a week (felt cold to the touch, numb, no circulation) and she may've been worrying about it. Called Dr. Unfoundu and made an appointment for Thursday. Her heart bothered her for the next few days even while resting. Dale changed the belt for me and my car was good to go.


The next night we were supposed to get horrible rain storms that would change over to ice. I got really upset before work and started flipping out at Holly because I was pissed off about the weather. Made it to work OK but the roads were disgusting on the way home. We had snow the night before so all the snow that was left on the roads had turned to ice. 940 had big chunks of ice and ice patches and Locust Ridge was a complete sheet of ice. I lost control of the van, almost hit and tree and wound up getting stuck on the side of the road. Some guys got out and tried to push me out but it was too stuck. A kid in a pickup tried to pull me out but his car didn't have enough juice. One of his friend's drove by with a jeep and luckily he pulled me out. I was lucky that suck people stopped for me. I took off work the next night because I was afraid of a repeat performance from the night before. Took Holly to mom's dr. on Thursday and wasn't too happy with the visit. She told us the heart problems were probably a panic attack, which I believed but she didn't say anything to us about her leg. She sugested a blood test and I took her immediatley afterward. 200 dollars later and we were on our way to Walmart for grocery shopping. Forgot out doctors notes and had to go back to the office. Went food shopping and came home.


Friday night at work we were supposed to get a late purchase with 180 bills of displays on it. I volunteered to stay to do it but it didn't get there in time. I did get two hours overtime. I told Dale earlier in the week to call me if there was ever the chance of coming in early and getting OT.


Saturday I went to mom's at about four or five. I finally got the Xbox back but didn't even hook it up until late Sunday. I was so engrossed by Grim Fandango and was doing fairly well with the game. I just hung out the whole night, playing Fandango, bullshitting, eating, watching the Simpsons and playing on the computer. I tried to watch some of the Islanders and Thrashers game but I can't force myself to watch those Islanders. Jeremy threw a fit right before bed and kept yelling that he wanted to come home so I put him in Chris' bed and layed down with him. I fell asleep with him from 10:30 to 1:30 and then got up and played Fandango again. It was my turn to drive to hockey in the morning. They had the free newspapers that the guy was taking pictures for a few weeks back. I got three pics in it. They came out Ok but I wish I wasn't looking down at the puck. I played decent at hockey. I played defense the whole time but in the middle I started to get tired of it and wanted to play up. I scored at least 3 and had at least 2 assists. Bobby and his friend were playing like complete dicks and even though I didn't get hit, it pissed me off because he was hitting people like Mark. I was going to creme Bobby but he left before I got a chance to. I officially have no wrist shot or snap shot. I don't know if I just need a new stick or what. I got home and had to immediately go and pick up Chris from college. He has strept throat. I took Aunt Mare's car because I didn't want to drive mine that far after driving it to Stroudsburg and then to Holly's later in the night. I played Fandango and got stuck. Looked up what I had to do and find out it's because the CPU runs too fast and I didn't get a patch for it. I basically ruined the whole second act by reading the spoilers. It pissed me off a bit because I really liked the game but found out how much stuff I missed. I missed the gold alcohol (even though I pressed on it but didn't know I could walk behind the bar) and I never solved the Beatnik mystery. I wonder if I would've. The key to games like that is that every scene is relevant in some way and you basically have to try every item you have on every puzzle. I'm going to finish up scene 2 and start on scene three. I'll still have a sense of accomplishment if I finished scenes three and four without cheating. Plus I really want to see the rest of that game. The voice acting is second to none and it definately is one of the greatest games of all time.


Dale changed his tranny fluid earlier in the week so he could get his van to run. He then proceeded to pick up Benny and drive all around. On Saturday as soon as I got home Holly called me and said that he got his van stuck in the road because he couldn't get it in the driveway. Then he tried to move the Dynasty and the tranny basically failed even worse than it did last week. He was trying to get Holly to help him and I don't know what he was thinking. I don't know why he didn't just call up Benny and get his wife to push it in the yard. He went to Gary's and borrowed Gary's truck to push it in. Diane's truck got stuck in the driveway and Dale had to get it out. On Saturday while warming up my car and getting ready to go to my house I faintly heard Gary calling for help. I went up there and he flipped his car over. I had to pick him up and put him back into his cart.


I started reading the Dark Pheonix storyline. I like how powerful Pheonix is but don't like some of the weaker elements of the enemies. I only read three issues and have at least five to go. Kitty Pyrde was debuted in the comics and I never really liked her at all. I downloaded X Factor last week (2006) and am going to read that in the next few weeks. I may go back and read the original run because Peter David is so damn good.


I beat Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops and don't know what I will play next. I think I'm going to go to the consoles at Holly's house now. Pick up KOTOR and Devil May Cry 3 where I left off. I think the guitar for Guitar Hero is broken but it's not official yet. I stepped on the wami bar and don't know if it works at all now. Also brought Starcraft here and I'm going to sit down and really try to paly a RTS for the first time in my life.

No comments: