Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sick week

For the most part, another miserable week. Chris got me sick and it really started to take effect Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I started with the usual scratchy throat and it turned into a whole big mess. I slept for 12 hours on Wednesday. I just couldn't get myself out of bed. Went to work achy with fever and it was the coldest, most miserable night i've worked in a long time, if not ever. With the wind chill it was -3 and I was shivering the whole night. My hands and feet were ice cubes and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Thursday I woke up feeling better than the day before but still not too great. I started to get congestion and still had a slight fever. Friday I still had congestion and couldn't drag myself out of bed. I had no appetite and had a horrible stomach ache before work. Dry heaved a bit but nothing came out. Joe was sick also and he left early. I wound up getting at least 3 hours OT for the week. Wish I could get 2 hours a day. I just hope they don't start moving our start time up to coincide with the late trucks. It was a very light week for freight and bet next week will be a lot heavier. The momentum will start picking up as the weather starts to get warmer. Only a few more weeks until winter is over and I can't wait. My job is so easy right now but working in the cold really really kills it.

I came straight to my parent's house from Fed Ex. Started taking antibiotics and Musenex and Tyenol. It's Sunday and I still feel that I have a very very slight temperature but the congestion is almost gone. I decided not to go to hockey which was the best choice. I watched the Ranger game last night (barely squeezed out a win) and played some COD 4 and messed around on the computer.

I didn't do much of anything all week. I started playing Guitar Hero again and I definitely want to get Guitar Hero 3 for my birthday for the 360. The Wami Bar doesn't work on the PS2 version but I still managed to beat one of the songs I needed to. I got 80 percent on the Megadeath song and can beat that Miserlou song if I can get Star Power when I need it. I haven't even tried Instituitionalized yet because I've been focusing on the other two songs. I downloaded that Undertow game and don't think I'll ever really play it. Everything seems so small. I do want to get Bionic Commando, Rez, Fable and Ninja Gaidan but I think i'll buy the later two on Xbox instead of buying them online.

We're trying to teach Jeremy his alphabet. Holly got him some flash cards from work and he knows a few letters here and there. Not too bad at all.

No comments: