
They pulled it off!!! And while it wasn't pretty by any stretch of the imagination, the fourth quarter game winning drive was pure excitement and determination. And the fact they beat the Patriots and ruined their undefeated season makes it so much sweeter. I definately want to get a superbowl jersey or sweatshirt but I'm going to wait until things cool off a bit. I was looking into getting a Giants jersey a few months ago but the only players they had were Manning and Shockey and I'd rather have someone like Umenyoira or Burress. Plus I definitely don't want the I'm not going to get the Superbowl winning hat because the Conference Champions hat is 100% nicer anyway.
Thursday Night into Friday morning we had a nasty ice storm. I was hoping to get out of work late so the ice would have a chance to melt (the temp was supposed to warm) but it was the only day of the week I got out on time. I got home ok, just took my time. They closed all the schools and Holly didn't have to go to work. I had to go to the welcome center to run and ended up hurting my ankle on the treadmill. I don't know if it was because my running sneakers are too soft for the treadmill but after 3.5 miles it really started to kill. My goal was to do 4 but I just had to stop. It bothered me at work on Friday Night and I had to limp around all night. I had to go help out in the hub at the end of the shift Friday and it was really a pain in the ass. I don't like it down there. I stayed an hour and fifteen overtime taking my weekly OT to almost 4. My ankle started to get better on Saturday morning. I woke up really pissed off because Holly told me I had to change my tires and I took Jeremy's guitar out of his hands and broke it over my knee. One of the most dickhead things I've ever done. I feel really guilty about it even though Jeremy doesn't seemt to care or remember. The Dynasty has a slow leak in the front passenger tire and it's going to have to be watched. I bet we'llbe changing it later this week. I changed the tired with the help of Dale and went home. Took a quick shower, ate a bit and then went out with Holly. We had planned on going to the movies to see "There will be Blood" but they didn't have a night showing. I didn't want to see Rambo because Benny got it from NY and I forgot about Cloverfield. Holly and I ended up going to Panchero and then shopping. I bought a Steve McNair variant in an Oilers uniform that I'm going to sell on ebay for more than it's worth. Went home on Saturday night and tried to play Starcraft, ended up falling asleep during it and went to bed.
Tim didn't go to hockey but Ry did and he drove me. My ankle was feeing pretty good on Sunday morning when I woke up and I didn't think it would bother me at hockey. I could feel it when I was playing and it bothered me aftewards. I didn't play well at hockey. I wasn't smooth on my stickhandling at all. I did score a few times and maybe one or two assists but thats it. Went home, took a shower and ate. Weight was 184. Four week total is 14 pounds. Have to see when I start to plateau. I don't want to get super skinny like the other runners. I just want to lose five or eight more pounds. Basically just want to get rid of love handles. I fell asleep during the first quarter and a half of the Rangers game. Woke up during the Canadians penalty shot. The Rangers came back scoring 3 goals in 8 mins and winning the game 5 to 3. Hollweg got an elbow to the face from Kovalev that wasn't called and then he got ejected (and most likely pending suspension) for a hit from behind. It was an awesome exciting game.
Lounged around the house the rest of the day, icing and elevating my foot for the most part. I downloaded Grim Fandango and start to play it a bit. I don't like the controls but I guess I'll get used to them. I want to install that and Starcraft on Holly's comp. Forgot to bring the memory stick to my house though. Brought some comics cds home to read (Thor v2, Xmen, FF i think). I wanted to bid on a Cerebus #1 but it isn't going to happen now. The high grade 8.0 copy had a reserve of 375 on it but it's past its reserve. It ends in five hours. I didn't think it would go that high. There's another copy of $1 on there that's up to 218 already with 3 days left. I bypassed buying Flaming Carrot #1 last night because I figured I'd buy a Cerebus but now I regret not buying it. I may just buy a high grade Cerebus #4, first appearance of Elrod because I think it's my favorite stand alone issue by far. This is all stuff I don't need and maybe I can convince myself not to buy any of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment