Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Short Weekend, Broken Tranny, 1st Year Rate

Got home from work on Saturday morning and immediately went to sleep. Marathon training schedules usually follow a Mon, Wed, Thur, and Sat (long mileage) but the last thing I feel like doing on Saturday is running. Plus there's a lot of weekenders up and I hate a hundred cars passing me when I run. I slept until about 2 and hung out with Holly for a few hours. Jeremy fell asleep so we decided to go get him some medicine and she wanted to go out to eat. He started to get a progressively sicker each day. We went to A&W to eat, CVS to get medicine and then to the Dollar Store to get him a toy. They had toys in CVS but their prices are crazy. We bought him a doctor kit and toy ninja for a dollar each. There was some crazy New Yorker who was talking to me about the Giants (saw my Rangers Hat). I went to my house and hung out for a few hours. Read some comics and played some games. I was exhausted and went to bed at 1am. I started to get a cold at the end of the week and when I woke up on Sunday I was debating whether or not to go to hockey. I decided to go and had to drive. Ry, Tim, Chris and I piled into the car. Hockey was decent. I got stuck on Defense (volunteered like always). Dave said he wanted to play back towards the end and on my first offensive shift I scored two goals and one assist to Tim. I couldn't play pure offense because he'd always rush coast to coast and wouldn't break out or anything. Chris and I collided hard (the puck was on the boards and I thought he was going to go inside but we both went outside). Tim hurt his ankle in the beginning and I don't think he'll be able to play next week. After hockey, after breakfast (partially) weight was 187.6. Hung out the rest of the day. Went food shopping on the way home to Holly's. Came home and fell asleep pretty quickly. All in all the weekend seemed like the shortest in a long long time. Seems like I slept the whole thing away.

Finished reading Messiah Complex. I liked everything about the whole Crossover and am looking forward the New X titles and reading some older classic issues. I downloaded Endangered Species and am working my way throught it. The issues aren't connected at all but it gives scope to the team rosters. I'm thinking of reading another team book like Wildcats or finishing up the Akira run. I was really enjoying what i'd read of Akira and I have it downloaded so maybe i'll give it a run.

Monday at work they told me the rate was officially 16.96. I'm pretty pissed off about it and am going to call up the HR Head Office. It isn't going to do any good but I can try anyway. I tried to speak to Bill about it and called him 3 times without getting through. I then got into contact with him and he didn't tell me anything I wanted to hear. They're paying the 1st year rate where they previously payed the 2nd year rate. They still pay their drivers the 2nd year rate to entice them. I get 1.00 after one year. Both Eric and Rick quit the position. John and Mike are the next two up for the position and I wonder if they'll take it. Monday morning I went on a jog (2.5 because I still felt the effects of my cold). I was taking an after jog bath when Dale came in and said the tranny went on the car. Holly immediately started looking for a car in the papershop while Dale and I went outside to change the tranny fluid. Changing it only took about 2 hours and it really really really should've been done months and months ago. It probably permanetly fucked up the tranny. The car runs now but sometimes stalls when going into reverse. We'll see how long this thing lasts. I'm not giving it long. Holly thinks the the tranny is going in the van too but I think it'll last longer than she things. Of course she's usually right about these things so we can only hope she's not right this time. Our next car is going to be a newer used car.

I'm towards the end of Metal Gear ( I think). I'm in the mood for a simple platformer after this and have to install a regular Nintendo on my PSP. Maybe Kid Icarus or Metal Slug or will be the next game I play. Chris went back to school this week. He took the Wii and I still don't have the xbox. I lost my tracking number and i'm praying it got there and will arrive home soon. Tim and Chris got me in the mood to play a RTS and I amy try to download one this weekend. Either that or a point and click game since Zack and Wiki really got me in the mood for one. I ran six miles this morning. It rained all last night and then right before work the temperature dropped and iced up all the roads. I decided to go to the Welcome Center and did six on the treadmill. Got up this evening and I'm feeling drained. I felt pretty decent running except for the last mile where I started to get really tired and almost light headed. Have to increase the mileage of the long run by 1 each week. Eric Tucker supposedly gave us Rangers tickets for the Rangers/Devils game at the end of the season. That's the same game that Kerri got tickets to. I hope the rat Tucker doesn't take the tickets back.

No comments: