It's a quarter to five and I can't sleep. My mind is racing with stock picks and I hope I can be moderately sucessful with them this week, with the weakness in the market the last few days leading to a bounce next week and CES. Last time the market did consistantly bad I missed the bounce and didn't play what I would've (ETFC). Here are the stocks I'm looking at and why. Some seem to be very important trading ideas, others are just things i'm toying around in my head.
Long Term and Trades:
SMSI has lost about 10% the last week. The little blurb in the wall street journal definately makes me think this baby could jump hard and fast this week. I'm debating whether to put more money into this stock for a short term bounce play or for the long term.
AMD has been killed for more than 60% of share price since October and INTC has lost more than 20% in the last week alone. There is risk in the sector with INTC downgrade and weakening global demand but I don't these prices are going to get much lower. This is the lowest AMD has been in five years. With CES I think these puppies can bounce on Monday morning.
Ras- This chart has been up and down the last few months. Going strictly by the chart you could almost always seem to buy with the weakness in the mid sevens/early eights, gain to mid nines and short to mid sevens/early eights. This stock broke through the moving averages and reluctance points to 11.5 earlier this month but has fallen straight since then.
SIRI has added more subscribers, cut operating costs and is STILL trying to get their merger. The stock broke below the 3.00 mark on Monday trading and has risen a bit since. I honestly haven't been watching it much but at this level it's definately a play. Any speculative merger news moves it up. XMXR also a good play because these stocks move in tandem with each other.
Goldman Sachs had an awesome quarter, didn't lost on subprime and their stock hasn't risen much. Looking looking looking.
Petrobras I've been hearing a lot about but their stock has been doing well consistantly which scares me a bit. Focus Media i've been watching for a little while and it seems really cheap with the olympics coming up. Akeena Solar is another I'm watching but thinking it may break and dive soon.
Watching:
CC and RAD i've been watching since their shitty earnings. CC just rose for the first time on Friday (meager .04 but it swung 10% during the day) and RAD hasn't risen. I think once they bounce they'll be good for 10 percent at least.
NEOL is down to .55 and it made an announcement about their drugs. The PR didn't move the stock much though.
MCZ hasn't had much weakness and has held up the last days. I wanted to buy when the stock dropped but never did. I think this will see a pop with the next earnings and will be watching.
Other investments ideas:
Gold-I'm weary of how high this has come but when recession hits I think money will be plowed into gold for a safe bet.
BRIC- I heard someone mention Russia cellphone providers which perk up my interest. I don't hear about Russia as much as the others. Strong plays in India are domestic Indian companies. Focus Media looks cheap to me. Brazil is for PetroBras
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment