Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Eve/Day

Both days were nice and relaxed, perfect in my book. We went out New Year's Eve day to pick up a bottle of champagne and then came right home. Dale made a roast in his pressure cooker which came out decent. Holly seemed to really enjoy it so that opens up possibilities for future meals. A pressure cooker is always a worthwhile appliance to have. Holly made the apple turnovers and potato skins. Stupid Rachel Ray said to bake the turnovers on wax paper and the whole first batch were stuck to the paper. Both came out good although the turnovers aren't really my style. Holy was all dolled up and looked beautiful. We made love and hung out, watching the last four episodes of the first season of Weeds. New Years day we just hung out the whole day. Holly made the Fried Green Beans which came out superb, better than at Fridays. Fridays' beans have a bit of a nasty after taste probably caused by the oil they use to fry them in. I finished watching Buffalo 66 and then just played games the rest of the night.

I'm really looking forward to this upcoming year and have been for a long, long time. Holly is finally going to be done with school and that means we can get out of this fucking house. Even if things are rough with my money which they may be, it'll be a thousand times better for both of us living in a place we like living, with the freedom to really be husband and wife and do what we want to do WHEN we want to do it. Holly has a lot of pressure on her and has for a while now but I'm very very confident that she will do excellent in her externships and her job. She never gives herself any credit. That soon may change. I cannot say enough how much she is changing lately. The anxiety program really seems to be working and her anxiety levels and attitude are getting a complete overhaul. These things haven't happened overnight but you can see all the subtle changes in her, especially her willingness to do difficult tasks. Whereas she would avoid them before, she will do them now. She is very very very strong and will only get stronger.

Here are things to try to do for the New Year:

-Become a better investor and learn more about the business world. I know how I am, hardcore into hobbies for short periods of time but I'm very very interested in all aspects of business and investing and hope this will lead me into a career, whether it be investment banking or as a small business owner.
-Overhaul my emotions. Be more patient, loving, understanding, less angry.
-Get into better shape. I don't know how committed I am here. A few weeks ago I vowed to start working out once Holly started the externship. I know I'm going to have to do it at least two to three times a week because I'll be coming home to a dark house here where my only options are to play the PSP, play on the computer or read the newspaper in the bathroom. I think maybe I'll do some simple lifting and cardio. The idea of telling people I finished a marathon is appealing but I doubt it's enough of inspirational booster to make me go there and run a few times a week.
-Finish my book. This is a toughy but if i'm home with Jeremy all day and Holly is working, I think I can at least transform this into a first/second/final draft and try to sell the stupid fucking thing.

No comments: