Sunday, January 6, 2008

Feel the burn you fat fuck!

All the disgusting flab and fat is going to start coming off this week. I've made a commitment to start working out. I've been sitting around stuffing my face for long enough and I'm disgusted with myself. I wish I could play hockey more and other sports as well to keep in shape but maybe when Jeremy is in school I can play pickup leagues or something at the Y. I even want to get together with Marty to play basketball or racquetball.

I was originally going to go work out at the welcome center at night when everyone is sleeping but I may readjust my sleep pattern to get up early and work out. It would be nice if the three of us could all get into a ritual where we all go to sleep at the same time (12ish) and that may be what I'm aiming for here. Going to the welcome center is a hassle to me and I don't really feel that comfortable there. I hate working out in front of the guards and the camera. Plus I want to start paying more attention to the stock market and maybe start making more trades.

My initial plan is to ease into it with cardio. I'm going to get up every morning and jog a few miles (and probably bike this week because of the nice weather). I bought healthy foods at the store and am CUTTING OUT ALL JUNK FOOD. Dad also brought me home chicken and steak to eat during the week. I'm going to do push ups and crunches this week. I'm also going to buy a weighted vest to run with. I don't know if I'm going to train for a marathon with this jogging or not. I'm also considering a light weight training workout. I have to look into it more and see if it's effective to work out only twice a week. I think I read the gains by working out twice a week are ten or fifteen percent less than working out that third day. I want to do things right if I'm going to weight train using protein supplements two to three times a day. I was considering working out in Holly's basement but I think it's just too damn dank and mildewy and cold down there. My naked weight before shower today was 198 after hockey and breakfast and I was originally aiming for a 10 pound loss this week but am looking for a rational four to six pound reduction as I cut down the extreme amounts of junk food I've been eating and get my heart pumping. I kept myself motivated working out 3 times a week for about a year last time and I'm motivated again. Let see how this pans out. I'm debating on whether I should take a picture every week for progress sakes.

No comments: