Friday, January 25, 2008

The Hub, Money Problems, Pinky Toe Nail Loose, Almost Pulled a Robin

Started my new shift on Monday. It was a cold night and the first skid I pulled out of my first trailer dumped on me. It was a skid of pancake mix. I worked with Bob and Joe and Skip and that other kid. Working down in the city is easy. It's almost too easy, compared to the hub. Never really have to build a deck again. I'm really grateful that I got this position. If not, I'd be stressed out working on the hub with all those drivers. The only bad thing about the position is that I have to get to work half an hour early in order to get a forklift. Hopefully next week when Rick comes back he can reserve a lift for me when he comes in at 730. There's a big debate over there about my wage. Initially Dale told me it would be something like 17 or 18 an hour. Then I heard from Rick that the wage would be 18.85. That seemed right because just a few weeks ago I asked Donnie what he was making and he said 19.85. That would make 18.85 the starting wage and 19.85 top rate which is achieved after one year. Then on Wednesday Jeff asked me to sign my full time contract and it said 16.95. I told him I wasn't going to sign it because I thought the rate should be higher than that. He said he also thought it should be higher and he'd speak to Bill. After speaking to Bill he said it should be the 18.85. Then when I walked in today Jeff told me that Harrison wasn't happy with that rate. If they try to take that rate away (which I assume is going to happen) I'm going to make a lot of phone calls to get it straightened out. Plus the fact that I signed a contract for the 18.85 which is a legal document.

Holly and I have dinner together the last two nights and it's been really nice. She made chicken coated with French's French Friend Onions and spaghetti. We were supposed to take Jeremy to JC Penny for pictures tomorrow but he caught a cold. I'm coming down with it too, mildly but hopefully it'll go away during the weekend.

Holly went to Kohl's for me on Monday and surprised me with the Giants Conference Champions hat!!! She also bought me jogging pants, Dry Fit T and Dry Fit Long Sleeve.

Tuesday morning I sent out the Xbox for repairs. The cunt didn't really give me a detailed receipt and I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass. For some reason I think it will. The office was supposed to open at 8 but of course it opened 9. I went to Walmart and bought an Ipod shuffle which I brought back the next day. I like the size but I hate the last of screen. Plus I don't feel like converting everything over to the Ipod format.

Running has been going decent. I ran a little further than the normal route on Monday (To the second stop sign and then to the clubhouse and back). Skipped Tuesday morning because I was exhausted. On Wednesday I went balls out and went from the house past the other stop sign to the clubhouse and back to the house. All together it amounted to 5 or more miles. I just felt really strong and kept on pushing. I had super rubber legs afterwards and a runner's high. Thursday morning I had knee troubles and almost gave up in the beginning but I decided to push it out. I did and it turned out to the be the hardest run ever. On the way home I started to get extreme cramping and pressure in the bowels and I almost didn't make it home. It seemed like every step pushed the shit that much further out of me. About a year ago my pinkie toe nail came off and I couldn't recall the reason. It had to be from running because my left pinkie toenail is coming undone and it hurts. I'm taking the day off today and then going tomorrow. Think I'll adopt the Marathon schedules they have online. I also saw an add for the Beltsville Triathlon. I'm really curious about it an I want to do it. It's 1.5 mile swim, 50 bike and 13 run. It's half an Ironman. Registration is 150 dollars though. And the swimming is my super weakness.

Read the first 9 issues of Messiah Complex and I'm really digging it. I'm going to download the rest this weekend (because they're out already) and then read the previous arc (Endangered Species) and Astonishing X Men. I'm in the mood for mutant books and I may go back and read some older ones. There are the classics that should be read by every comic fan. Dark Pheonix Saga, Days of the Future Past, etc. I also read Thor 1-5 which I enjoyed and am looking forward to the other issues. I'll probably read Spiderman and catch up on Daredevil.


The stock market has been absolutely nuts lately. I got home from work Tuesday morning and missed the emergency rate cut. I haven't bought anything but wanted to buy SIRI and was too late on that one. Then I checked the market on Wednesday and it was down a few hundred points. When I woke up I found out it ended up nearly 300. The biggest point swing in a day since 2002.

No comments: