Thursday, January 10, 2008

10 Jan 08

The weather snapped from arctic last week to unseasonably warm this week. All the side roads in the community were a sheet of ice and the weather melted them all. Big things happened this week. I started my workout program (not really a big deal) and Holly started her externship. She was throwing up and didn't sleep on Sunday night, Monday morning but she roughed through it (like always) and has been doing well this week. They've been keeping her busy and she hasn't really had the time to sit and think abotu everything. Even the dining situation there seems to play to her advantage.

I've run every morning and it's getting a little easier each day. I've been sticking to a healthy diet that is much improved over the diet I was eating when I was working out three times a week. I don't know when or if i'm going to add the weight training. I've been getting home tired at night, even unable to spend much time with Holly before falling asleep. I hate to go to the gym when everyone is there. We've had great weather this week but maybe after the weather turns shitty again I'll just go to the gym at night and run and lift there. I was going to add biking after my runs but I went into the shed and found out that my bike has a flat tire. I'm going to tbring it home this weekend and bring my road bike here. I can run and bike on the road, as long as the main roads aren't too snowy and icey. I bought my weighted vest which should arrive here sometime next week. Forty pound weighted vest and I got free shipping!! Amazon is the best site ever! I got the cheaper vest. If it doesn't work well, I'll invest in the better one. I think I also found a place where I can ice skate. It's in that spot in the community where I caught the pickorel. It will be a small surface but it should freeze over perfect (crossing my fingers). Also going to start using my punching bag on the weekends and maybe the weight machine over there.

I took Jeremy for a long walk on Monday and to play on the playground on Tuesday. I tried to take him out on Wednesday to play hockey but it was really really windy. I'm going to jump in the bath after I'm done on here and then take him out for a walk. I'm going to try to do things with him as mcuh as possible. I was going to bring back the clothes to Kohls and Old Navy but my hooded sweathshirt is in the van.

The stock market has been absolute shit until just a few minutes ago, when Bernake made comments about cutting Fed Rates. I'm watching it right now but things are going crazy and I'm scared i've gotten in too late. I think the Dow will rally past 200 points but most of the individual beaten down stocks are up over 6 percent already. People may sell into strength though. Who knows.

Only been playing Ratchet and Clank lately. Some parts are harder that I thought they'd be. I also beat the part on COD 4 I was stuck on. I'm in the mood to play an enriching RPG and think I will start up KOTOR again after I beat Ratchet. I also want to beat Contra 4 (and 3) and Devil May Cry 3.

No comments: