Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow, Broken MP3, 2.6 straight, and $20,000 Raise

It's been snowing almost everyday. I had to drive home in it on Sunday night, Monday night, Tuesday afternoon and night and twice today. We haven't gotten any kind of big accumulation but it's a nusance snow and I can't stand it. Holly is going to have to drive home in it again tonight and I just hope she gets home ok. I can't wait for this winter to be over.

I got one of the five full time dock positions!! Almost 19.00 an hour. I'm assuming that I'm going to have to work on the shitty hub shift with all the truck drivers but is definately worth it. If only Marty could put in a word to keep me working the same shift. That would almost be too easy. But at least I'll get to see Holly for a few more hours a day now. And we both won't be as tired. On Monday Dale went around asking people if they wanted the position. He didn't ask me, of course. On Tuesday, Woods told me he got a position and he asked me why I didn't. I went up to Ed and Dale and asked them and they said because I tried to do the driver program it pushed my senoirity date back to 04/07 instead of 08/05. I was fuming when I heard and I blunty asked Dale "So you guys are fucking me here, huh?" I planned on speaking to whoever I had to speak to on Wednesday to get it straightened out but it turned out that the only people I had to speak to was HR (who didn't know anything of the situation) and Bill who got everything straightened out for me. SO A 20,000 DOLLAR RAISE!! I just feel bad for John, who they told had a full time position and then took it away from him. If they would've done right by me the first time, he wouldn't have had to hear about the job. I told him to call them up and bitch and that they may extend the position to him anyway but I kind of doubt that he did.

I took Jeremy to Walmart to buy a sled yesterday. I was wearing my weight vest under my Rangers hoodie and then my thermal jacket so it looked like I was a 300 pound man. I thought that I may get searched because I was a bit lumpy but no one really gave me an extra glance (except people looking in disgust at the fat fuck). I saw Carol there and spoke to her for a min. I wonder if she really noticed. She didn't really look me in the face the whole time she spoke to me. After shopping, I took Jeremy to the hill behind the club house. There was a layer of ice under the snow and I fell twice carrying Jeremy. I think it scared and stunned him some. We went down the hill twice before he said he wanted to go home. I pushed him around in the yad for a bit before we went in. I want to get another sled or snow tube and take Holly there. I think we'd both have fun doing it.

I tried to turn on my MP3 after work and it didn't power up. I don't see how the cold could have killed it because it was in my car for about a year.

This morning I ran to the stop sign and back without stopping!! My body has grown accustomed to it quickly. My first day running I could barely go for a min and now I did twenty something straight. I wore my new sneakers for the first time. They're comfortable but the left one feels different then the right one. Must be the way I run.

Dale needed tobacco and toilet paper (don't know why he couldn't say something yesterday when I went out) so I had to go get that today. I stopped by the bike shop and got a valve for my road bike. Probably won't be able to ride it tomorrow but hopefully I can get on it next week.

No comments: