Been layed off for three weeks now. Haven't done much of anything. I keep putting off working on the book and now I must start. I will work on it after Holly and Jeremy go to bed or during the day if Jeremy is good. I think at night is the best bet. I have to make a strict work time that I'm hoping would be 3-4 hours a day.
Chris came up for a night and we went and picked up my TV. Wound up getting a 32" 720 Samsung for 500. I was trying to get Holly to approve of a bigger TV but this was the right decision for the right money. TV is very nice and the size is decent for the living room. This will be fine until we upgrade, which probably won't be for a year. I returned the RocketFish Wireless Mouse and bought a 50ft Eternet cable. Chris and I extended the hole in the molding to run the wire through. It turned out a little too big but the head of the ethernet cord was so fat that we barely got it through. This route was cheaper then getting a wireless router and the wireless xbox adapter (100).
Got tickets for Hartford and Wilkes Barre. I asked Mike if he wanted to go but then ignored him at the last minute. I didn't know if Dad was going or not and he only let us know 2 days before the game. He went into work early and it was a Wednesday night game, which worked out perfectly. Made it down to Wilkes Barre in about an hour (quicker than I thought). Asked the broad at the toll booth how to get to the arena but she told me to get off at the Wilkes Barre exit. Got lost for a minute but luckily found my way. For future reference, I know either to get off exit 168 or go past the shopping district. Hartford killed Wilkes Barre, scoring 2 short handed goals. Avery scored as well and had a few assists. No one on Hartford looked too talented and Sanguinetti was especially lacking. We wanted to go out to eat afte rthe game but Dad and Chris got lost (thanks to my shoddy directions) and it took them half an hour to get back to TGI Fridays. I got a french onion soup (thick) and steak sandwich. Chris only ordered a soup (fag). The food was pretty decent but they slimmed the menu down and it seems more like a steak house now.
Holly and I were going to go food shopping on the weekend but I scrapped it because I didn't feel like dealing with Walmart on a Saturday and it's in Allentown. We went to Kmart where we got two paintings and some other random junk. I promised Holly Panera so we went down there and had a nice lunch. We bought a Bagel Pack and it's very nice to have fresh bagels in the house. Got the Tomato Basil spread and it wasn't very good. Holly wanted to go to Five and Below and Jeremy and I headed to Dicks to waste some time. I rode around the store on a full suspension Diamondback and you could definitely feel the back shock kick in. I definitely want one now. Putted on the putting green and tried out a few tents. Met Holly in Burlington Coat factory. We bought a few knick knack type things for the house. Headed to Best Buy, missed the turn, changed my mind and headed home. Watched the Rangers kill the Avalanche and watched W. Holly wanted me to lay with her and I did, got up intending to play Warcraft and fell asleep on the couch.
Jeremy walked in on us on Sunday. We were trying to be quiet but it didn't last and before we knew it he was laughing and asking us what were doing. It's a good thing she was still wearing shoes and her pantyhose. She went to Walmart and bought a few things for the bathroom and random junk. I went to hockey. We killed, getting the mercy rule. Tim scored at least 8 goals and I played generally like shit. I started running on the treadmill. Going to slowly work my way up to doing 3 straight miles. Maybe work towards the marathon again?
I've been playing WoW too much. Have my Warlock up to 69 and should hit 70 in a day or two. I played the Druid for a few hours and I really like him. The different combat options make it enjoyable and break up the grind of leveling. I'm going to try to get Jeremy on the druid to help me grind out a bit. Have to figure out the easiest way for him to play w/out dying. Maybe just grind green mobs? I'm going to download the WOTLK trial and see if it runs on this computer. I doubt it. I've been toying around the idea of a new CPU for a few weeks now but don't know what to do. I'd definitely like a nice monitor as well as a new CPU but don't know if spending the money on a gaming rig is really worth it. Can I just get a cheap video card and Ram for this one? Will I use a gaming rig besides WOW?
Big Wheel was rented out so there's no Tuesday hockey for 2 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment