Sunday, June 8, 2008

The House Hunt

We've been busy with house hunting most days and it's drained us both physically and emotionally. We started on Saturday June 1. I called up realty world because we saw a lot of potential houses on there and got in contact with my parent's old realtor. We gave up on the other asshole that we initially contacted. He lost an easy few grand but fuck him. We were supposed to see 4 houses but after going to the first, the people in the other three weren't home. Luckily while we were at the last house, one of the others called and we got to see their house. The first house was ok but the bedrooms were too small. The other two were shitty (one we could tell from looking in the window). The next day we looked at four and found what we thought was the house we were going to get. It had a beautiful kitchen, nice living rooms, ok rooms, and a nice little yard outside. Took dad there the next day and he inspected it for us and told us not to get it. Paula was pissed because we were ready to make an offer on it. We both went home disappointed. We went out to look again the next day (even though were weren't in the mood) and saw three beautiful homes. None of them had on street parking and only one had a yard w/ a pool and a mini barn in the back but it had asbestos siding that would have to be torn off. The other house was in Nazareth and was my favorite and is the house I want. It's a brick cape cod with three and a half bedrooms, two full baths (one with a claw tub in it instead of a shower), nice kitchen, and a finished basement which adds two more rooms. There's a two person jacuzzi in the big room in the basement (which we'd use for weightlifting i think). I would've gotten the house in a minute if it had either a yard or a driveway. We're going to fall back on that house if we don't find anything else. We're going to shift our attention away from Bangor and Pen Argyl because the houses are too old and move the search to Nazareth and Palmerton. Nazareth wasn't a bad drive and it was all on the highway, compared to Palmerton which will be all back roads. Hopefully this is the week we find something. After seeing the potential and room of a finished basement, I'd definitely like a house with one.

I finally got to play at Hazleton. After playing in the morning, Chris and I headed out there for a mini practice with a few guys from his team. It's definitely a great little rink even though it's not smooth enough to play puck on. There were a billion crunched gypsy moths all over the rink. I had a good time there and we played for a little while. On the way home Chris passed the exit to drop off his friend so we had to drive to Mt Pocono and then all the way back up to Blakeslee. We were trying to convince him to turn off on the highway but of course when he slowed down to take a turn there was a cop just leaving. We got lucky and it spooked him so he didn't take the chance. We got back later than mom wanted and I ate some pasta and went home with Jeremy. I got back to Holly's and passed out on her bed about two minutes after being home.

We took Jeremy to the Philly Zoo on Monday. It was the perfect day weather wise (I felt a bit too hot). I was physically drained from the day before even though I slept eight hours. We all had a good time. The animals weren't bad. My favorites were the monkeys and the anaconda. Jeremy liked the monkeys and the bear sloth. We saw a gorilla up close eating cabbage which impressed me. Another monkey was running around his land with a white sheet over him. Jeremy tried dip and dots and really liked it and had two servings. He saw other children with their faces painted and he wanted to get his done. He originally chose a pirate but then changed his mind and wanted to get a dinosaur. He was good getting it painted (surprised me) and he chased us around a bit roaring. He was ok at the zoo but he didn't really seem too interested in really looking at the animals. He'd look and then want to move on. He was chasing chickens around. A peacock came out from behind us and made a squawk and jumped right over a wood fence into the elephant area. He kept screaming "come back, come back" which was funny. We stopped on the way home at the rest stop for food. Roy Rogers jewed us out of biscuits. The rest stop was nicely renovated and they added some more restaurants, more efficiently using their space.

Kevin started training for Jack's job on Monday. He's too amped and strung and nervous. It's going to be aggravating working with him. Jack and most of the others turn a blind eye to things but when you have a new supervisor coming in, they always seem to want to prove themselves. I was so tired on Monday after driving all day and going to the zoo that I fell asleep in the bathroom for at least forty five minutes to an hour. I went in there to kill some time but fell asleep right away. I woke up and John and the other driving trainer was out there eating breakfast and he started talking to me about hockey but I was still half asleep and mumbling incoherent things to him. The rest of the week was ok but I can see the others getting pissed off with Kevin. Joe is leaving the office and is going to work the hub instead of the city. With any lucky and without too much aggravation, I'll be on the 7:30 as soon as we get the house. Even though it's a worse shift.

I played tennis with Ryan twice (once each week). I don't really like playing with him much thought. We don't get any kind of volley going and he doesn't like to slow serve the second ball so it just doesn't go anywhere. I went to his house yesterday after we played. He wanted to show me us .45 and we played some games. All the games sucked. I hope to go shoot that gun with him one of these days. One of the first purchases I'd like to get is a gun. Came home about 9 on Saturday and watched the Penguins game, fucked around on the xbox (tried some of the command and conquer 3 demo, as well as the battlefield demo) and fell asleep early. Woke up at seven and read my Star Wars book a bi. I'm towards the end. It's a decent book. I bought San Andreas last week but haven't played much. Every time I want to play, Jeremy wants to watch so I have to turn down the sound all the way and explain that everything I'm doing in the game is wrong. Tim drove us to hockey today. I ran into Eric and my nose is all swollen. I got on the side of it and it was bleeding pretty bad but it stopped after about 15 minutes. My nose is all red and sore and I should ice it up.

No comments: