Sunday, May 6, 2007


Rangers lost today. It was a good and exciting game but the second period just killed it for the team. In a span of ten minutes, Buffalo scored 4 goals. Boring weekend. Was supposed to hang out with holly on Saturday but aunt mare got really sick and we didn't know if she would be admitted to the hospital or not. All her metal levels were low. She felt a bit better today. I spent the night hanging around, making orders and playing games online. Played Gears for a while. They released the new map pack for it. Ten dollars for 4 maps. Not a bad deal if you're really into the game. I'm going to have to see if i get into it more. The people on there are hardcore and I like it but think COD is better. Played NHL online for the first time last night. Definitely fun. It may be my new addiction.

Ordered myself a Marzocchi MX COMP ETA TAS 100/120 the other night but I think I'm going to return it and get a Reba. The MX comp was a great deal (06 model, 120 cheaper than this year's model plus it has TAS which this year's model doesn't) but I keep hearing really really good things about the Reba. It seems to be the best fork out there (for this kind of money it's comparable to Fox Forks). Jenson has it for 540 original price but someone on the message boards gave me a website of another company that has it for 353. I wouldn't order from that particular site but Jenson will price match it!! So I essentially save almost 200 and get a free headset to boot. I'll have to ship back the Marzocchi but it's more than worth it in the long run. You can basically tune this any way you want. Plus it's two pounds lighter which in my mind doesn't make a big deal (but will feel sweeter on the bike).

Didn't play particularly well tonight at hockey. I can say that I skated hard almost every shift. Scored twice and had one assist. I layed out Ryan with what looked like an open ice hit. His helmet flew off and everything!! Got a penalty for taking RJ down on a breakaway. We lost the game. We didn't have any particularly good passing or setups.

Did 10.5 miles at Delaware State Forest on Saturday morning. Went to bed early Friday night so I would get up. My lower back hurt me afterwards; the rocks there are crazy. Definitely difficult terrain. I'd like to see how a full suspension would handle there. Maybe next year. Chris and I played tennis for a bit. Only two sets. Then he had to rush to get back to college.

Wanted to ride the road bike today for a bit before dinner but Jeremy wouldn't let me.

No comments: