Thursday, May 31, 2007

Saturday Holly and I took the baby shopping to Aharts, The Dollar Store, CVS, Liquor Store, and to Dominics for lunch. We went shopping for Memorial day food (shishkebob, stuff for strawberry margarita's). Came home and didn't do much. Made some orders and hung around. Played Oblivion. We found that Chris's tires had the presta valves on them and we couldn't fill them up.

Sunday Chris was supposed to go mountain biking with me but pussed out. He probably would've went if we could've filled the tires but he was busy playing Zelda on Saturday night and didn't drive to Walmart. I'm glad he didn't because they probably wouldn't have had the valves there anyway. I didn't know if i was going to go mountain biking or not so I stopped by the state park for a few hours. Met Benny for the first time and went out on the boat with him and Cindy. Caught a baby sunfish, the first fish I've caught in a while. Hung out at the park for a little while and then went to Merli. Worst day of riding there I've had. The bike didn't feel good at all (not responsive and sinky in turns). I think the tires were too low. Then I took the wrong trail and wound up hiking the bike up 2 miles of uphill terrain. Not to mention that all the water leaked out of my cheap camelback on the way there.

Monday was a really really nice day and I enjoyed it a lot. We ate and drank and hung out all day. Holly and I made shiskebobs and strawberry martinis and we hung out basically all day with the baby. The margaritas came out ok. We added too much limeade but to me the tart taste is a million times better than tasting the alcohol. I had about three cups of that and then three smirnoff ices. I was starting to get drunk and one more smirnoff would've put me over the edge but we didn't have any left. Holly and I watched TV together for a while (after an hour of the miss universe pageant i had to leave) and I beat Metal Gear Solid 2.

Tuesday and Wednesday I started to get my disc brakes ready and take my bike apart. I got the rear on and the front rotor on the front wheel. Have to buy brake cables for the disc brakes. Took my handlebars apart and found that installing a fork is much easier than i thought. I'm bringing it to Peterson's tomorrow to get the crown race off the old fork and installed on the new one, as well as a star nut installed. And to get the fork cut if it needs to be (which it doesn't seem to need. Chris and I played tennis today but only 2 set because he starts playing for the flamingos again tonight.

Oblivion is the best game ever. There's so much you can do in the game that it boggles my mind. You could take 100 hours and do all kinds of side quests without touching the main quest at all. I've found how to be in the Thieves Guild and I just learned how to do the Dark Brotherhood Guild. I've joined the Blades and done two side quests (merchant one and ogre's father). Also went to the Colosseum and fought and earned some gold. Very very fun game. Was going to play Morrowind at Holly's but decided to start (continue) Ratchet and Clank 3. Awesome awesome game. After that probably a bit of Morrowind and Devil May Cry 3 for Father's Day hopefully.

No comments: