Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I'm updating this from Holly's house!! I couldn't get on here through the slow speed connection but I guess they may have done something different with the site. Now I can update more than once a week (if i feel like it).

Missed work from Tuesday to Friday because of the illness. I finally got it all out of my system. The wheezing didn't go away until Sunday/Monday. I wanted to play hockey on Sunday but I made a promise with Holly that I wouldn't go out on Saturday and I wouldn't play hockey on Sunday. I started to feel better on Sunday but she didn't let me play. It all worked out better in the end because she was right about it. I always rush back into playing sports when I shouldn't. Jeremy woke up sick on Sunday. He was acting mushy and then he started to throw up. It only lasted three or so hours, the same thing that happened the last time he got sick.

I spent a few of the days I was sick at my parent's house (Tuesday to Thursday). The doctor said I should stay away from the baby. Didn't really do too much during those days. Played Super Paper Mario. Watched the Ranger game which they lost.

I haven't mentioned it here much but the Rangers have been playing awesome. Swept Atlanta in the first round. The Buffalo series is definitely a challenge but I think one the team is up to. They played fairly well the first game and definitely outplayed Buffalo the second game. It's a shame they lost that game. The third game was very very exciting, except for the bullshit call taking back their goal. I don't know who judged it but it was a very very very very very very very poor call. I don't know how they said it was a kicking motion when he was moving in a forward motion and trying to stop himself. He even swatted at the puck. It almost lost them the game. Buffalo got a few goals disallowed during the Islander series and it makes you wonder.

I beat Call of Duty 3 the other night. The new Call of Duty looks incredible.

Read Books of Magic mini series which I thought was very well written and drawn. I have the complete series here but don't know if I will read it or not. I gave the first issue a try and wasn't intrigued much. I wasn't intrigued after the first issue of Lucifer either. Also read the Criminal Series by Brubaker. It was a well written crime drama, that's about it.

Trying to train for the Iron Man triathlons but it may just be an idealistic idea in my head. I never enjoyed jogging and I give all the credit to the people who can do it on a regular basis. It kills the body. I ran two on the treadmill last night and biked one mile. Then I gave up. I came in there with the goal of doing five. I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens. Try to slowly work my way up. Lifting weights was never as bad as running feels.

Anthony and I went biking today for the first time this season. Got up, went out and it was drizzling so I called him. Then went to take the bike out of the car and then called him back and we decided to try it. We went up to Manson Dickson Pohopoco Park. I hadn't gone there since the flooding last summer. It wiped out the trail so I avoided it. Everything was good today. We did six miles. My legs were sore from running last night but I felt pretty comfortable riding. The place is close and i'm going to take advantage of it more this year. The terrain is damn rocky and challenging (except a leadoff trail, which I don't know where it starts and ends). I worked on my bike yesterday because my rear tire was rubbing on the brakes and I didn't fix it the right way and had no back brakes the whole time. I usually use the back more than the front. I'm going to go out there and play with it. I did fix the derailleurs the right way.

No comments: