On Thursday got home from work and did the usual morning routine (eat, bathe, internet) and started to play Super Metroid. Jeremy was really into it. I let him press the fire button while I control Samus. I tried to get him to go outside after that but he didn't want to and asked me to put a movie on in the room for him. I did and went out to the basketball court for about half an hour. While there, I decided it was too nice of a day for him to sit inside so I came home and again suggested we go outside. This time he wanted to. I got out his bike for him and we started to ride toward the basketball court. The bike is way too small for him now and we quickly turned back and dropped off the bike at the house. On the way to the basketball court, a german shepherd rushed out of the house before the clubhouse and ran towards me barking. I thought the thing was going to attack and I put my left arm out and braced for it to bite me while I took my right arm and pushed Jeremy in back of me. I stared at him and he kept barking at me until a young kid came to get him. A lab also ran out when the kid came out to get the dog. I showed the lake across from the clubhouse but he wasn't interested. He played on the playground for a little while and then we headed home. I was getting tired and the sun was beating down directly on him. We played soccer in the yard for a few minutes before we came in and I went to bed.
Friday I came home from work and took him with me to the basketball court. I was shooting around while he played in the sand with the toys from Dustin's party. We stayed for a little while but again it was too sunny out. We headed towards the other playground but were only there for about two minutes before Jeremy said he had to pee and wanted to go home.
Friday night I woke up when Holly got home and we all ate and then headed to the welcome center. I missed the first period but got to see the other two. Drury scored right away to take a 4-1 lead but the Devils scored two shitty goals and the game was too close for comfort. A penalty shot denied by the king with ten minutes left. Dubinsky scored an empty net goal with a minute left to seal the deal. I thought we'd definitely see the Pens the next round but with the Bruins winning and going to game 7, who knows what will happen. I hope the Bruins win so they'll get the Pens next round and we get the Philly/Washington winner.
I was really tired at work and almost left another bill out of a trailer. That's twice in two nights. I left two skids of Procter and Gamble on the dock on Thursday night. I've vowed to only scan one bill at a time to avoid this from happening again. I had to write a statement about a missing bundle of magazines. Jews! I remember being pissed because the small skid wasn't even recouped when it came to us, just thrown in the truck. What am I going to do with ten copies of Cycling World. One copy, yeah. If I was going to steal, I'd steal something worthwhile. I was dragging ass and had a shitty loaded towards the end of the shift Friday. Bummed a cig from Joe and got the rest of the shift over with. Ended up with 1:45 overtime for the day and almost four for the week.
Get home and Aunt Linda, Cindy, and Asleigh are over. Just the people I want to see after a shitty day of work. I hung out for a little while and played Metroid and then we headed home.
I was playing Chrono Trigger earlier in the week but it didn't do anything for me. The game was too easy and I'm not interested in playing a game just to play a game. I want something that's going to be challenging or fun or interesting. I initially wanted to play Super Mario World: Yoshi's Island but it wasn't running right on the emulator. It was going too slow so I tried to play with the settings, which made it run faster but parts of the level were disappearing. It may work with the sound off completely but I wanted the sound to work. So after giving up with that I started to play Super Metroid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment