Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend

Missed out on WM again. Always always always. Look at the three month chart. Whenever it goes down to 10 it always pops up to 12 again. It went from 10 to 12 in two days and then dropped to 10 two days later. I wake up and there's news of it getting an injection of capital. Of course, of course. Why do I always miss it???? I'm staying out of the market for the most part. Have the one small investment. The rest of the money is more important elsewhere, especially in the next few months. The market looks to be making a comeback though. AAPL, GOOG C F and others are looking strong.

At the preshift Thursday, Dennis told us that they wouldn't be using those chemicals on the dock anymore. He said they threw out the bags and that they were going to pressure wash the dock over the weekend. I called OSHA and a lawyer on Friday morning. The lawyer wasn't pleasant and OSHA didn't seem to care about what happened. I wanted them to go down to the job but he said he was going to ask his supervisor and see what he said. Got into work and found that they sent a letter to the job saying they were complained to and the job had to take care of the complaints within five days.

I got out on time on Saturday morning. I only ended up with 3 hours of overtime this week. It feels nice to get out on time for a change. Jeff was complaining about our overtime recently. I'm suprised the dock hasn't picked up more as of late. Maybe in the next few weeks. After work, I went straight to mom's and took a shower. Fucked around online for a few mins and then went to pick Chris up from Scranton.

Got home and hung around. Played guitar hero for a while. I still can't get past the solo part in 'One'. Getting closer though. I got halfway through the "Rain of Doves" song. Those two are the easiest out of the four songs that are left. The Slayer song gets too crazy in the middle and the pattern in Iron Maiden is hard to master. Went to sleep at 2 and woke up at 6. At home we had a choice of either French Onion Soup and Burgers or Steak and Fettucini. I was leaning towards the steak and fetuccini but chris wanted the Onion soup. It came out excellent as usual. Spent the rest of the night doing nothing much. Watched most of the Washington game and a few parts of the Boston game. Played guitar hero some more. The Xbox started freezing when I went to try "One" on the hard mode. I opened the tray and it made a nasty sound as it was opening and carved a perfect circle on the disc. The disc still works but it makes me nervous, especially because John has been having problems with his. It's the same circles that are on the NHL 08 disc. I have to call Xbox to complain and see if I get replacements of the games and/or the system.

I played some more of WOW on Saturday night. I tried to play with my Elf but I went too far off track and got stuck in an area with all higher leveled beings that kill me. I get my body back to life and they kill me again instantly. I gave up on the character and made another, a Tauren Shaman. Did a few missions (all killing things) and can see how the game can be addictive. I like it enough but may stay away from it. Have to see what I can do. I have enough games to keep me busy for a while without buying another and paying monthly fees for it. If I want an MMORPG i'll play one of the free ones for now. GTA is coming out in a few weeks and I guess I'll be getting it for my birthday. Chris wouldn't go sleep in the bed downstairs so I had to leave his room and come back when he was sleeping. I used the computer but didn't play any games.

Chris actually went to hockey. I didn't play well. My stick is done and I'll be replacing it next week. Just have to tape up the new stick. Mike said to me that I could use his stick or take it, he wasn't really clear but I didn't want to do it. It was a really nice offer though. Chris didn't play on my team. I scored 1 goal and had at least 1 assist. Tim almost got into a fight with the tattoo kid. The tattoo kid hit him and Tim started talking shit to him. I was bracing myself to jump in there and take Bobby out just in case he went for Tim too. Tim had a chance to hit the kid really really bad along the boards and he restrained. Left hockey at 11 and went to Aunt Mare's. Chris told me he didn't know how to get there but he did. I was giving him directions and it was a realy pain in the ass. He got to Aunt Mare's and took quick showers. Left at 12 and got to Madison at 1. Walked aroudn the store a bit. It's big but not as big as I thought it would be. I probably don't remember how small it was. Didn't see anyone I knew except Frank from grocery. Didn't say much to him. Went to the pizza place for lunch. I got an Eggplant Parm Sandwich. Wasn't too bad. Met dad at 145 and started towards Newark. Got there around 215. We started to go towards our seats and they started warmups. We had gone up an escalator and couldn't find our way to go back down. We watched the pregame warmup from above. The seats were up pretty high but we had a full view of the ice. The game was decent. Devils scored in the first min and then again halfway through the first. The second goal was really weak off Lundquist's shoulder. Drury scored about 20 seconds into the second and Jagr scored at the beginning of the third. Dad went to the bathroom and he missed seeing the goal in person. He was waiting to get to the seat but since the play was in action he couldn't come watch. He saw the goal on TV. Rangers pulled Lundquist to try to win the game outright but they didn't even really have any chances at the end. Game went to shootout. Dawes and Shanny miss. Gomez scores while the crowd boos. Shoe messes up and Devils score to win the shootout. Chris fell asleep in the car on the way home. Got to Stop and Shop and used the bathroom and started towards home. I was going to ride with dad but Chris staretd bitching and he went with Dad and slept in the car. I drove his car home and dropped off Aunt Mare. It wasn't such a bad ride. Got home and ate and waited for the laundry to dry and then left to take Chris back. I was starting to fall asleep in the car on the way to Scranton. Lit up a cigar on the way back to Holly's and caught a second wind. Came hom and hun gout for a few mins before laying down and going to sleep with Jeremy. Holly woke me up and we made love.

Woke up at 10 and started doing small finacial things. Called KNBT to see if they had online bill pay. Unforunately not. Stupid small shitty bank. Did my State and Local Taxes. Didn't get any refunds, nor owe any money. Called up the library to renew the books. I have to go to he bank tomorrow to give mom money for the car payment. She's sending me out a check tomorrow. I'm goign to see if I can upgrade my bank account and get free checks.


Birthday List (Tenative)-

World of Warcraft Bundle
WOW 2 month membership
Guitar Tuner
GTA IV
New Computer/Labtop
Guild Wars
Kayak
Bike Parts
New Wheels
Hockey Jersey

No comments: