Monday, April 7, 2008

Last Weekend-Tuesday Morning

Went to bed at 6:30 and woke up at 8:15 for hockey. Jeremy actually went to bed with Mom and Dad. He didn't fall asleep right away but he didn't throw a fit either. I was all set to drive Chris's car to hockey when Ryan came around to pick me up. I really thought they drove last week but maybe they didn't. Tim and I were on a line together but we didn't play too well at all. Our defense wasn't really setting up the rushes. The annoying kid was on defense and he couldn't make the right pass for shit. Tim got fed up and dropped back to D for a little. He was blocking passes and shots pretty well. That kid didn't give me one pass and would try to break everyone. Fucking kid got two lucky goals. He had the balls to say to to Tim, "I'm glad you're playing defense because we need me on offense to win." Fucking idiot. Scored two goals. One was a mistake on a breakaway. I was going to shoot over his shoulder but it went five hole. Went home and watched the Ranger game. Shitty game. Put Jeremy's Big Wheel together while I was watching the game. The big wheel is still a bit too big but he'll grow into it in the next few weeks/months. I took a two hour nap after that. Got up and played some Call of Duty. I leveled up to 26 I believe. I unlocked a new set of Challenges in the Barracks. I made MVP on a Team Deathmatch! Tied a guy with 220 points during one round. I like that light machine gun that I unlocked a few levels ago.

I was wondering about World of Warcraft so I signed up for a free ten day trial. I made a druid character and put about an hour into the game. It wasn't a very exciting experience. The three or four missions I got were to kill a certain amount of beasts. I'm going to try to put some time into it this weekend so I can get a grasp of it. I'd rather have missions where you go exploring. The graphics on the game are nice and they run well on Chris's old computer. I think I want to get a two or three months membership for my birthday from my parents. I'd like to put the time into the game and really see what it's worth. When Holly and I have our own place I could even join a guild and play with people during designated times on certain days. Then you really get to see what the missions and MMO is all about. See if I like it or not.

My KOTOR stopped working on Monday morning. I got through most of the water world main mission and then the game started to get spotty. I wanted to play some side missions and found a few but don't know how to get into them. I tried to clean the disc with toothpaste and soap and water but it doesn't fix it. I'm going to buy another copy and return the defective one to EB games and then either sell the defective one or bring it back for store credit. I tried Riddick and I like it. The targeting system to pick up items reminds me of Deus Ex. It seems like a decent enough game.

My finger had healed pretty decently but hockey seems to have fucked up the scab. I kept working on it and eventually it didn't feel warm to the touch. The hockey gloves knocked the scab off a bit. Jeremy caught a slight cold from Asleigh. He sounds a bit better every day.

Dropped my keys off the dock first thing at work on Monday. Managed to fish them up with a dock hook. It was wet and things were slow going the whole night. Monday night's temperature was very nice but Tuesday night was nasty. The dock was mostly dry on Tuesday because they put the quickdry down. It was a nasty dust bowl in there. Almost everyone was wearing paint masks.

Holly and I are going to the mall today so she can get therapy materials and to return the games.

No comments: