Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hockey


I got out of work early yesterday but couldn't get out early tonight. Should've told him no yesterday and that I wanted to get out early today or tomorrow. The skills competition was on tonight and I'd like to see that more than the All Star Game. Luckily Tim is taping it for me. Jagr isn't playing because of his injuries. Shannahan is the captain of the Eastern Team. I was pissed that Straka and Nielander didn't make it. They're both having career years and even though I haven't been a fan of Straka and given him A LOT of criticism in the past, a guy deserves to make one in his life.
I'm not too fond of the jerseys. While the Western Jersey does look pretty decent (the dark color always has the advantage over the white), I like previous years jerseys better.

I thought I played pretty decent on Sunday. Some guys on our team were taking Superman six minute shifts and that's just bullshit. Skate hard for two and a half or three and get off. I scored three and had at least two assists. My passing seemed to be pretty decent but my shots on net weren't accurate.

We're at the season's halfway point and the race in the east is very very close. Thirteen points seperates teams 4 through 14. That isn't much at all. The Rangers are currently ninth, with fifty points. They have to start getting their act together. Every game counts more and more in the final half of the season. They have to start developing a sense of team in order to make it. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: