Saturday, January 6, 2007

Week in Review

New Year's Eve

Chris and I played tackle football with his friend's in the afternoon. The field was wet and muddy and I should've worn my mountain bike cleats but was in too much of a rush to get them out of the car. During the game I fumbled on a kickoff return, kneed a guy in the thigh, gave my brother an forearm to the face, got my glasses bent on the one play I wore them, and rolled my ankle. First injury of the New Year.

Holly and I had a nice quiet New Year's Eve at her house. She had a few drinks (enough to get tipsy) but I didn't. I really have to be in the mood to drink and I haven't been since Labor Day. To get into the mood takes days of mental preparation. Sometimes that doesn't even work. I prepared myself to drink on Christmas Eve and then quit after one sip. We watched the ball drop on TV and then just relaxed the rest of the night. Her sister got really drunk and called her repeatadly, threatening to go to the lake in her underwear and all other crazy kind of stuff. Her dad came in at eight in the morning real wasted and woke us up. He went straight to his room, put on the tv and proceeded to curse at the "Stupid Fuckers" on the news. He said "Fuck" more in the next twenty minutes than i've heard him say in all the time i've known him.

Rest of the Week

I was off the next day so Holly and I went food shopping, went to Subway and relaxed with Jeremy. I got out of work early Tuesday and Wednesday because it was amazingly slow. A nice change of pace. Two easy weeks in a row at work. Chris and I went to Dickson City on Thursday to get the winch so I could hang up my heavy bag in the garage and to return Call of Duty 3 for the Wii. We exchanged it for a year's subscription to Xbox Live, went to Taco Bell and came home. Thought I was getting out of work early again on Friday (In fact almost everyone did) but I ended up stuck there unloading a horrible Watkins Truck. My first time doing a live unload on them and I hope it's the last. On Saturday Holly and I went to Wilkes Barre so she could get a new jacket. Thankfully, she found one that fit in DEB. We stopped at the mall for food and then left after walking around the mall for a little while. My dad set up the punching bag in the garge and I punched it twice with bare fists and kicked it once and proceeded to hurt my ankle. What luck! Chris and I returned NHL 2007 and got Gears of War in exchange. I feel bad getting another game right now but I would've bought it eventually. We went to Aunt Mare's for dinner and we hung out there for a few hours. I played Texas Hold Em' for the first time in real life. I've been wanting to play for a long time and was supposed to play with guys from work but it never happened. It's much more fun in real life and although we didn't play for money tonight, I'd like to real soon.

In Closing

I watched Beverly Hills 90210 for the first time this week and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The episodes are pretty easy to watch. I'd like to start going to library and renting TV shows I haven't seen (Sopranos, Lost) and then burning them to CD. I've eaten worse in the last two weeks than I have in a very long time and i'm going to stop that this week. Very much looking forward to using my punching bag and learning how to box/mma fight. I hope the ankle injury isn't a sign of things to come in the New Year.

No comments: