Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Week in Review; Bad Gatorade


I had the easiest week at work since I was a part time dock worker. Got out early Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. The paycheck will suffer but I have to take it when I can get it because it doesn't come along very often. Monday I came home and tried to watch some of the Ohio State and Florida game but it ended up a complete unwatchable blowout. Wasn't Ohio supposed to win that one?? Holly and I played a few games of Battleship. Our all time series record is all tied up at six games a piece. Wednesday Night I went to my parents and ended up playing Call of Duty online for hours. I was intially disapointed getting it for Christmas but the Online Multiplayer is really really fun and the campaign mode is pretty decent. On Friday Holly and I did all kinds of running aroud. I'm going to be starting my CDL training at work very soon so I had to go to the DMV to pay for my hazmat endorsement letter. Then I had to go to the state police barracks to get fingerprinted. The officer asked me if I'd ever had it done which I lied and said no. All the fingerprinting was done on what looked like a copy machine. It was a pain in the ass because the guy had to hold my hand and roll my fingers on the machine. We then went to ESU to buy Holly's school books. She only had to get 4 so it only came out to 280 opposed to the 500 we spent last time. We went to lunch at Goomba's, went to Walmart to pick up a few odds and ends, and then went to the library to rent movies. We rented Dirty Pretty Things, Thank You For Smoking, and Curious George for Jeremy. Holly and I were supposed to go ice skating for our Saturday Night date but I fucked up those plans so we wound up just getting something to eat and hanging out in the car. I really didn't feel like playing pool. It's always so crowded and they play the shittiest music. The pool hall is a different animal during the day. I spent the rest of the night playing Call of Duty and fell asleep watching the simpsons. I started to download all the missing issues from the last few months of comics. I finally played hockey on Sunday but didn't play so hot. I was defense all night and I really don't know the position all too well. I'd rather be a defenseive offenseman. I scored one goal and had at least two assists. After the game Chris and I took a swig of an old gatorade he found in his hockey bag. I don't know how old it was but it was like taking a shot of whiskey. It burned the whole way down and even into my stomach. I had to run to get something else to drink and even that didn't soothe the burning. It took about forty five minutes for me not to notice. Chris even made me drive home because he said it mixed funny with the meatballs we had for dinner.

Jeremy watched Toy Story for the first time over the weekend. It's the greatest CGI film of all time and I hope he asks to watch it next time he's over my mom's house. He now asks to watch Cars everyday. I like the movie more than most CGI films. His attention span is definately improving and has been for the last few months. His vocabulary continues to grow and he even suprises me with what he says and does. He doesn't hold the hockey stick right but can still hit the ball pretty well.

The animation style for the new Iron Man film looks japense influenced. I had the dvds on a truck today (I think the release date is in two weeks). I don't think i'll spend the money on it unless it gets great reviews. I'd like to download it but I'm still a bit nervous to download full length heavily copyrighted movies.

No comments: